Alcest & Amesoeurs | Stunning, STUNNING music!

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
I know I always say this around the forums, but seriously...I'm speechless. Words cannot :lol: begin to describe the feelings that emerge from me when I listen to the music of Alcest. They have quickly become one of my favourite bands right now and will surely be purchasing the upcoming album set for Summertime. The first track, at 1:53, is some of the most inspirational music I have heard...it's so soothing and magical. Just as they describe it, I found myself envisioning the beauty of the earth when embracing the music to its full capacity. I swear I felt a breeze blow right past me...felt the grass sway at my knees and heard the rustling of the leaves in the trees while breathing in the warm air. It's like the soundtrack to nature. So pure, emotional and powerful. The music feels like it breathes life somehow, that's the best way I can describe it. Wow, I honestly have to thank my bro for finding out about Amesoeurs, which he recommended to my buddy Sadguru here at the forums, who THEN recommended me Alcest, which is connected to the band Amesoeurs, haha....

...speaking of Amesoeurs, it is perhaps the best black metal I have ever heard. And it's by far not your conventional Black Metal, either. It's so, so fucking good I just can't take it. Man, I'm like a little kid when I get excited about music, and this is something to get excited about, I assure you. I heard the entire EP (which I haven't bought yet) which only has 3 tracks on it, so basically you already have a third of the album on myspace haha. Beautiful name, beautiful logo, beautiful music.

Go France! Man, they have some great bands emerging from there.

Alcest | http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=147779580

Amesoeurs | http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=85147631

Well, I thought I'd bring these guys to attention here as I know many have great taste in music around these parts. I am hoping these guys will arouse the kind of emotions in your hearts as they do with me. God I love these guys!

Ruines Humaines is a good ep. I will check out more stuff by Amesoeurs surely. And thanks for the tip about Alcest. Where to start best?

@Alcapoth
It's great to know you appreciate these bands as much as I do! I haven't listened much to Amesoeurs yet but what I heard so far is fantastic.

^^
Nah, I don't agree.

Yeah, I don't either. In fact, sometimes the clean vocals remind me of Ulver in the Bergtatt realm - the style and all. They're atmospheric vocals, :) and I think they work wonderously for this kind of music.

@Derbeder: No prob man, and Sadguru pretty much summed it up...yeah "Le Secret" is where to start. They're a new band and don't have much out. In fact, I myself have yet to check out "Le Secret." Better do that soon.

@Juniper: :) You're welcome. Good to know you liked it.

@Stefan: Haha, well geez man...you at least going to check out the music? And it wouldn't hurt to share your opinion on it, hehe.

@Sadguru: You MUST listen to Amesoeurs more often then. There's this one track on the EP with female vocals...INCREDIBLE! I will be buying this EP shortly. The photography/art in the booklet is awesome.

Aye, hopefully these guys do well for themselves.

@Sadguru: You MUST listen to Amesoeurs more often then. There's this one track on the EP with female vocals...INCREDIBLE! I will be buying this EP shortly. The photography/art in the booklet is awesome.
Excellent!! I should receive Ruines Humaines by next week. Can't wait!

am i the only one that thinks french black metal sucks lol...quite possibly *gets prepared to get bashed*
I wouldn't say french black metal sucks, black metal is actually one of the few metal genres the French manage to produce some pretty good stuff in, there're several pretty good French Black Metal bands, Deathspell Omega, Glorior Belli, Mutiilation, Vehementer Nos and quite a bunch more. I'm not that much into it myself, but from what I read and hear they have a strong Black Metal scene with quite some respected/acknowledged bands.

I wil check Alcest & Amesoeurs out.

i believe any music neige ever composed is at least great, all the newer stuff is just brilliant. the alcest album is gonna be the album of the year no matter what else is to come, a fact that not even katatonia could change (yeah, burn me now :heh:)

Kristallnacht is the only French BM band I can take. I don't care how mysterious the French Legions are...their sound always drove me away. And I can't believe the people that spend hundreds of dollars on their releases on ebay. BAH!

The opening track on that Amesoeurs 10" is amazing, it blew me away when I heard it. Really great release, I need to listen to Alcest though (need to sort myself out lol).