Music for the Road

BlackMetalTyrant

CHECK OUT THESE MUSCLES!!
Jul 10, 2005
What do you people listen to while your driving Here is what Ive been listening to in my truck(with the windows rolled down and the volume up so everyone else can hear it too)
Old Mans Child-In Defiance of Existance
Death-Individual Thought Patterns
Pantera-Great Southern Trendkill
Vader-Revalations
Immortal-Sons of Norther Darkness
Nile-Annihilation of the Wicked
Behemoth-Demigod
Outkast-Speakerboxxx(I know its rap, but its a really good cd)

Individual Thought Patterns is weak.

Anyway, I have an Ipod, so I have access to whatever I want to listen to. What I listen to while driving is no different than what I'll listen to while doing anything else. I think this is probably the case for most people.

I think perhaps you just wanted a reason to post a list of cds that you like.

MasterOLightning said:

Anyway, I have an Ipod, so I have access to whatever I want to listen to. What I listen to while driving is no different than what I'll listen to while doing anything else. I think this is probably the case for most people.

Nope.. what I have in the car is much different then what I listen to in the house. 2 12" Orion XtR 2nd Gen Compt. Subs with 1600watts rms pounding metal is great when you pull up to the techno puppies @ a red light lol. They don't know what to think.

Death metal is great driving music. I like black metal just as much as I like death metal, but it doesn't work as well for driving music as death metal does. Heavy thrash is also good driving music.

I like to sit in my brothers car and blast loud kickass Death Metal music! It really shows the passing cars who's boss. Blasting loud, thumping Death Metal music is just the way to show how tough I really am, especially when it's Pantera. At stoplights, people think I'm so cool because I listen to Death Metal. Blasting music as loud as you can in the car is the way to go!

Doom Metal lately.

Pentagram - Relentless
Pentagram - Day Of Reckoning
Saint Vitus - Mournful Cries
Saint Vitus - V
Saint Vitus - Live
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Depends on the driving conditions. If its short, I prefer death metal. If it is a long trip I lean towards something long, epicesque (a word?) with some substance, like NKOTB.

You are faggoth, The Gre...er, Reverend.

On topic: BATHORY's viking stuff is AWESOME cruising music. The slower rolling beats really work. Ayreon is another favorite
Anything thrash and/or fast is good for driving.
My personal favorites are:
Stormwarrior
Falconer
Blind Guardian
In Flames' older albums
Annihilator
SuidAkra

Zack said:
I like to sit in my brothers car and blast loud kickass Death Metal music! It really shows the passing cars who's boss. Blasting loud, thumping Death Metal music is just the way to show how tough I really am, especially when it's Pantera. At stoplights, people think I'm so cool because I listen to Death Metal. Blasting music as loud as you can in the car is the way to go!
Haha. I hate when people purposely crank the music as loud as they can so other people hear it. Most of the people that do this are blasting horrible hip hop crap, which makes it even worse.

MasterOLightning said:

Hmmm, I have to make up a word to describe your post, I think the word I will use is dickheadish, very, very dickheadish post. I don't really care what you think of Individual Thought Patterns, thats not the point of the thread, remember its about "Music for the Road". You are saying you think I just wanted a reason to post a list of cds I like, why would I do something like that on a music forum?

Only have my permit. I'm in no rush to get my licence either.

I have a friend that will blast Mayhem 'chimera' very loud through town. Sun roof down,all windows down. I'd never blast music really loud through town, do not like when people do it so why be a hypocrite. Personally do not want to hear rap music thumping and doubt someone would want to hear some plastic programmed triggers.

Haha, I don't have a car yet (driving test in a few weeks :/) but I'm thinking that albums with relatively short tracks that are uh, 'stand-alone' and not particularly tied to each others would be the best driving music...

I'll prolly have like, Amorphis' Tales and Tuonela, Katatonia's Tonight's Decision, stuff that's relatively calm so I won't accidentally speed up too much :D