music masterminds

SoundMaster said:
Brendan Perry & Lisa Gerrard
HAIL

Have you seen the video "Toward the Within"? o_O

lisa_gerrard.jpg

not mentioned so far:

beth gibbons, dunc, mark knopfler, kurt cobain, mehdi (he's a twat tho), eminem, michael jackson, luc devos, steve harris, james hetfield, the edge and urrrr can come up with another one i guess soon enough

Here is my favourite mastermind list:
Niel Peart
Geddy Lee
Brian May
Freddie Mercury
Roger Waters
John Lennon
Peter Gabriel
Phil Collins
Emerson, Lake, Palmer
Janis Joplin
Jimmy Page
Ritchie Blackmore

Younger guys:
Kevin Moore (x Dream Theater)
Jon Oliva (Savatage, Trans Siberian Orchestra)
Markus Steffen (Sieges Even)
Holzwarth (Sieges Even, Rhapsody)
Dan Rock, Buddy Lee (Psychotic Waltz)
Jim Matheos (Fates Warning)
Geoff Tate, Chris DeGarmo (Queensryche)

Jason Becker
Daniel Gildenlow
Steve Vai
Kevin Moore
Frederick Chopin
Geoff Tate
...to name just a few and excludin those who were already mentioned

Andreea said:
Daniel Gildenlow
Kevin Moore

:Spin:

One of my new favorite bands - Pain of Salvation :worship: "12:5" - These guys have done something with a live album like nothing I've ever heard!
I won't discuss Chroma Key, cosmic music... o_O

autumnsphere said:
:Spin:

One of my new favorite bands - Pain of Salvation :worship: "12:5" - These guys have done something with a live album like nothing I've ever heard!
I won't discuss Chroma Key, cosmic music... o_O

I am just afraid for Daniel not to go insane. he makes me shiver. all of their albums are conceptual pieces. but I feel there is an endless storm going on.

Andreea said:
Jason Becker
Daniel Gildenlow
Steve Vai
Kevin Moore
Frederick Chopin
Geoff Tate
...to name just a few and excludin those who were already mentioned
geoff tate?? a genuis?? With that haircut?? have you heard the mans solo album?? jesus wept what are you lot like :erk: . He's a nice set of pipes and he wrote a killer album in 1988 so he qualifies as genius??

chopin and steve vai put in the same list, i dunno whats going on at all at all o_O

well, but of course u dont know, u r just a Bambi :)
take a closer look and you will be surprised that the theme's name is "music masterminds" and not "rock/metal" masterminds"
having a different system of values than yours does not make me feel bad. au contraire :)

Andreea said:
I am just afraid for Daniel not to go insane. he makes me shiver. all of their albums are conceptual pieces. but I feel there is an endless storm going on.

apocalypse.jpg

Jesus, they're normal people just like us, they eat and laugh and lead a normal life, don't think that he's on the edge of sanity or something... :loco:

Lead A Normal Life
Peter Gabriel

It's nice here with a view of the trees
Eating with a spoon?
They don't give you knives?
'Spect you watch those trees
Blowing in the breeze
We want to see you lead a normal life

Andreea said:
well, but of course u dont know, u r just a Bambi :)
take a closer look and you will be surprised that the theme's name is "music masterminds" and not "rock/metal" masterminds"
having a different system of values than yours does not make me feel bad. au contraire :)
yeah and youre just a gypsy, go sell some babies or something and dont be annoying me ":)"

geoff tate aint a mastermind, whether it be rock/metal/music or any other flavour, and the point being chopin was a genius, vai is just a talented musician with a penchant for guitar wankery. Not the same thing at all. There was only one mastermind in Whitesnake and it wasnt vai :tickled:

Bambi said:
yeah and youre just a gypsy, go sell some babies or something and dont be annoying me ":)"

geoff tate aint a mastermind, whether it be rock/metal/music or any other flavour, and the point being chopin was a genius, vai is just a talented musician with a penchant for guitar wankery. Not the same thing at all. There was only one mastermind in Whitesnake and it wasnt vai :tickled:

you should stay put in a corner. I might come and get good money exactly for your little brain, 'course only for scientific research.
and again: am happy we have so different opinions.
otherwise, if I were you, I would eventually get lost.