Music - my home...

My primary instrument is the clarinet and I'm majoring in music at a local university. I usually practice between 2-4 hrs. a day. I start off with 45 minutes of long tones, followed by scales, arpeggios and articulation exercises. I spend the rest of my time on pieces. Right now I'm working on Mozart's "Clarinet Concerto in A", Schumann's "Fantasy Pieces", and "Fantasie de La Traviata" based on arias from the Verdi opera. I use a LeBlanc Concerto Bb clarinet with a BG Super Revelation ligature, a Vandoren 5RV mouthpiece and various professional reeds (usually Vandoren but now I'm trying out Rico Evolution). I started playing clarinet October 1991, so it's been about twelve years.
I'm also a guitarist and a singer. I started guitar about eight years ago. I had a Fender Squier guitar for the longest time (that I used in two of my bands), but finally I bought a Gibson SG Special. For distortion I use a Big Muff pedal and my only other effects are chorus and analog delay :). I also played bass guitar in a new wave/indie rock band that played throught the Northeast and the Midwest. We played the North by Northeast festival in Toronto, Ontario two years in a row. I studied classical guitar last year and the year before. I want to take more classical lessons when I'm done with school.
As a singer, I have sung in choirs since I was about 10 years old. Now I'm in the chorus at the university I attend. We just performed Mozart's "Requiem" with the Northeast Pennsylvania Philharmonic. I took a few voice lessons. I also sang with a few punk bands when I was in high school.

Hey there, I play bass guitar&back vocals, and I write songs for my "soon to be formed band", we'll probably be playin Heavy Metal stuff like Iron Maiden, Helloween, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, and, of course Anathema.

I have one BC Rich bass and a Maxtone.:):)

bcrich_warbass.gif