Music storage solutions

MajestikMøøse

Membrum virile
Jul 28, 2003
Not Siberia
ok so it's a well known fact that I have an obsession with obtaining new music, and well... my current storage methods are not working out for me.

My 2 storage racks hold about 450 or so CDs, and I've got probably 650 CDs, some in oversized special packaging that takes more space, etc. Not to mention a bunch of vinyl, cassettes, and music related DVDs.

PERSPECTIVE:

Rack & Overflow:
Picture308.jpg
Picture309.jpg

Crap in the closet:
Picture310.jpg

I don't have much space for storage, but I want to have them all in an organised manner where I can find any one when I need to, and all together at the same place. Now help me solve this problem.

oh yeah, and uh... punch and pie.

depending how much spare time, and how much hard drive space you have, you could rip the stuff you listen to least to your PC, and then put it in storage somewhere...

or alternatively devote one of your dressers or something to holding CDs; it's what do, and the CDs fit perfectly

I'm still convinced this was originally posted just to show the size of his CD collection.

As a substitute for his penis.

Don't refer to anything from Amorphis as crap, even if you just meant "crap" as in "stuff".

deathstrike from hell said:
3 words. portable hard drive

yeah, but what's the point of owning CDs if you're just going to rip them to a hard drive then never look at the packaging ever again?

derek said:
I'm still convinced this was originally posted just to show the size of his CD collection.

As a substitute for his penis.

right!

Metal head87 said:
Don't refer to anything from Amorphis as crap, even if you just meant "crap" as in "stuff".

crap = stuff, now shod off wanker.

Kvlt Wench said:
New Amorphis is crap.
I completely disagree. They got less heavy after Elegy but they never watered down their songwriting. I love Tuonela, Am Universum and Far From The Sun. Eclipse was closer to Elegy's sound and it is one of this year's best albums in my opinion.