Music to dream/sleep to...

Agalloch - The Misshapen Steed
Agalloch - Foliorum Viridium
Agalloch - Haunting Birds
Agalloch - A Poem By Yeats

Dream Theater - Lifting Shadows Of A Dream
Dream Theater - The Silent Man

Symphony X - A Winters Dream - Prelude (Part I)
Symphony X - Candlelight Fantasia

Gamma Ray - Lake Of Tears
Gamma Ray - Farewell

Blind Guardian - Lord Of The Rings (Original version..)
Blidn Guardian - Harvest Of Sorrow

Anathema - Far Away
Anathema - Suicide Veil
(and the rest of the songs from "Eternity"-album..)

In The Woods - Anything from "Omnio"-album.

And much more....

Anything by these bands:

Within Temptation
Kari Rueslatten
Miranda Sex Garden
A Murder of Angels
Arcana

Just a few...oh, and Load or Reload...wait, that's for stuck sausages in the throat!

Nobody mentioned Tenhi and their great Kauan.

Arcana is also great for falling...asleep;) ,
Empyrium's Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays also.
The Gathering's How to Measure a Planet?(the track, great trip), and the closing1 from if_then_else(instrumental).

oooh,toooo many to mention...

Tenhi is perfect for crying and daydreaming :)

In the woods... "omnio" is perfect for sleeping...
Empyrium as well
Dolorian
Penitent (the "melancholia" album)
Monumentum (though they are sort of freaky in the thick dark...)

I want to try sleep with Drawn's "Plan Be" once of these days....:)

Tenhi? I saw that Tenhi album at some cd store, listened to it and wondered what kind of music that was supposed to be... Can't really say whether I liked it or not...

Anyway, Tool - Lateralus is great to fall asleep to, due to the hypnotizing drum patterns, especially Reflection is really... well, hypnotizing. The Gathering - If_Then_Else is great too, since it starts out with a (compared to the rest of the album) heavy track and gets softer as it progresses.

I've got a CD by this obscure Polish band called 'Cemetary of Scream' called 'Melancholy' (that says it all really) If you ever see that CD BUY IT if you're into this falling asleep to music business. It's the most atmospheric metal I have ever heard.

They recorded another CD called 'Deepression' which I am desperate to find, but I can never can. If you find/know where to find it let me know. Please. I'm desperate!!!!

There's a CD that EVERYONE should have which is 'Wolfheart' by Moonspell, there's 'Lua d'Inverno' and a two minute section in 'Love Crimes' that I find it genuinely difficult to stay awake for!

I can't do it. I can't hear something that changes while I'm trying to fall asleep. If there's a faucet dripping somewhere, I'm not sleeping.

I can imagine which songs I could possibly fall close to sleeping like "Madrigal" or "Into The Dead Sky." Maybe a Led Zeppelin album if I was really tired, because you know how those songs sort of get really slow at times and dreamy. :lol: Dreamy...

"You stare at nothing, right through me,
At times resembling the Devil's concubine."

Originally posted by Hearse
All good music.... and all I have is good music...
- Opeth

Sweet merciful crap, how can you sleep with that? It'd just get me pumped up.

Anyway, I learned my lesson that Burial's Enlightened with Pain is just a bad idea before sleeping. I was listening to "Disfigured in Flames," and guess what? I dreamt about people burned alive. But after that it was a neat story with a good plot. I'm planing on turning it into a short piece of fiction.

Good sleep albums:
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Skinny Puppy - Last Rites - Download (it's a 15 minute track).
The great thing about these 2, is that back in university those songs would put me to sleep and wake my roommate right up. Which was good when he needed to get some work done.

I can't listen to classical music because the dynamics change too much and then the music is either too loud or I'm straining to hear it.

Other albums/songs:
Melissa Etheridge - Your Little Secret - This War is Over
Agalloch - Everything they have
Anathema - Eternity (except Hope and Ascension)
Anathema - The Silent Enigma
Most Epic Black Metal (Aeturnus, Bloodthorn...)
Long Winter's Stare - The Tears of Odin's Fallen
"Sludge Doom" like Esoteric, Disembowelment, Evoken, etc...
Enya - duh.
Decoryah - Fall-Dark Waters
Left Hand Solution - Fevered

Originally posted by veil the sky
I've got a CD by this obscure Polish band called 'Cemetary of Scream' called 'Melancholy' (that says it all really) If you ever see that CD BUY IT if you're into this falling asleep to music business. It's the most atmospheric metal I have ever heard.

They recorded another CD called 'Deepression' which I am desperate to find, but I can never can. If you find/know where to find it let me know. Please. I'm desperate!!!!

Damn, sounds heavy...where can I find it???

hmn, i think i'd add Jeff Buckley - Grace to that list. another album i hated and now love. wierd that

Yes, this a really good one and Sketches for My Sweetheart the Drunk.

Last night I went to sleep to this synth driven dark-classical type cd called Musick in Theory and Practice by Le'Rue Delashay. It was very good, I recommend it to anyone into bands like Elend..

ok, here are a few ones!

Anathema-Judgement
Katatonia-any
Anywhen-The Opiates
Leonard Cohen-any
The Notwist-Shrink(a perfect album for sleeping since it kind of hypnotises you with it's style,does anyone know the band?)
Tiamat-A deeper kind of slumber
Tiamat-Wildhoney
Naervaer-Skiftninger
Graham Coxon-Crow sit on Blood Tree
Graham Coxon-The sky is too high

Sometimes i program the softer songs of some cds and set my cd player to a sleep mode. When i am resting at midday i like to listen to hard stuff that has a lot of noise,don't know why but i like it:D

Hmmm
Just about anything by Emperor
Early Dimmu Borgir
Agalloch (past few nights The Mishappen Steed has knocked me out)
Ulver- Bergtatt
Limbonic Art was the only band I went to sleep to for about 2 weeks one time.
Tool- Lateralus
Nokturnal Mortum
Mortiis- ESPECIALLY Fodt Til A Herske

Ulver's Perdition City is definantly great for relaxing and sleep.
also,
Mike Ness - Under the Influence
Green Carnation - Light of Day
The Smiths - Louder than Bombs (has became a favorite of mine for sleeping)
Dwight Yoakam (everything he's done, thats one big mp3 playlist!)
Lord of the Rings Soundtrack
Buckethead - Colma (as mentioned by someone earlier)
Steve Vai - Secreat Love Songs