Music you like that isn't Metal

I was watching Hannah Montana yesterday and afterwards they showed a live show from London. I actually liked some of them and I know the words to the intro theme song. :lol: I think I might buy her album too. :lol: :kickass:

:lol: Kickass! By the way, I see that you have Avril listed in that post back on page 4. That being the case, you should listen to her '7 Things' single, for it slightly resembles some of Avril's older stuff IMO; here it is:

:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I play Miley Cyrus' songs on guitar every day. :lol: Seriously! They serve as good warmups to get bloodflow into my hands before playing Bodom stuff!

Hellz yeah...epic intro riff on guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AEtAccR3XA

dude, have you ever heard her sing (or even speak for that matter) when it's not in an album? Her voice is completely wretched. They layer her vocals in the studio so much, she shouldn't even get credit for being a "singer."

I agree though. When she's singing on HM, it sounds horrible. She must be lip synching live or something 'cause it sounds like the CD on that live thing that I watched.

dude, have you ever heard her sing (or even speak for that matter) when it's not in an album? Her voice is completely wretched. They layer her vocals in the studio so much, she shouldn't even get credit for being a "singer."

I agree though. When she's singing on HM, it sounds horrible. She must be lip synching live or something 'cause it sounds like the CD on that live thing that I watched.

I don't think that's a fair judgment:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like prog rock, Rush, Yes, King Crimson, Genesis ect ect.

There's also Foo Fighters and Muse who I've liked since before I even got into Metal.

Coheed & Cambria are decent too.

:lol:

One cannot prove a subjective matter. My point was that I think it's a little harsh to say she deserves no credibility as a singer. I personally think her voice is fine. I didn't claim she had the best voice in the world, but I like it, and clearly many others do as well.

well yeah, it is subjective, but relatively speaking she does have a pretty bad voice. Especially if you compare her to singers such as Dido. And those many others that like her are mostly little brainwashed kids.

And on topic: I like Dido's music :D It's very relaxing for a rainy day.