Music you like that isn't Metal

Pop music is more about business and selling rather than the music itself. Basically they have to arrange a catchy chord progression to accompany (and enhance) the singer's voice. Not that much to it. Pop is probably one of the most superficial music genres out there.

A valid point. Which is why I don't listen to pop and think to myself -- "Damn that is some musical shit!" But rather I listen to it to have fun. Because, after all, it's main purpose is to be another form of entertainment. And in that regard it is perfect.

Anyway, the point is...this thread is about "music you like that isn't metal." Just because you hate the voice of a particular pop singer that someone else enjoys doesn't mean it sucks. Once again, everything is subjective.

A valid point. Which is why I don't listen to pop and think to myself -- "Damn that is some musical shit!" But rather I listen to it to have fun. Because, after all, it's main purpose is to be another form of entertainment. And in that regard it is perfect.

Anyway, the point is...this thread is about "music you like that isn't metal." Just because you hate the voice of a particular pop singer that someone else enjoys doesn't mean it sucks. Once again, everything is subjective.

True, enough is enough. Often enough it crosses the boundry where every sensible person could say that the voice (and often the song) sucks. Seeing Russian charts on music channels all the time, I probably feel more pain than you guys do.

It's not like I don't listen to pop/rock/trance etc (not really rap tho), if it's good enough for me, I'll take it, but I have high standards :lol: Like, I'm a big fan of Elvis, and I enjoy a lot of Japanese and German pop, and love to have a blast to good EuroTrance or punk, but you know, if something is crap and most people agree on it, it really is, however hard the media would be pushing them.

I like finish reggae: Raappana... :lol:

watch

I really don't know why... :lol:

Classical... Yeah.. I like Mozart, Sibelius... (Sibelius - Finlandia-hymni=:cry:)

And I say HIM here, even that I think HIM is metal... :D

True, enough is enough. Often enough it crosses the boundry where every sensible person could say that the voice (and often the song) sucks. Seeing Russian charts on music channels all the time, I probably feel more pain than you guys do.

It's not like I don't listen to pop/rock/trance etc (not really rap tho), if it's good enough for me, I'll take it, but I have high standards :lol: Like, I'm a big fan of Elvis, and I enjoy a lot of Japanese and German pop, and love to have a blast to good EuroTrance or punk, but you know, if something is crap and most people agree on it, it really is, however hard the media would be pushing them.

Right, and I'll be honest -- lots of times while listening to Miley and other pop stars I think -- yeow, coulda sang a bit better there? But in my eyes I see no difference between that and Alexi's poor non-studio guitar playing. I am usually turned off by it, but it doesn't change the fact that I look past it and still view Alexi as one of my favorite guitarists, similar to how I view Miley's singing.

I think generally fans are attracted to the the uniqueness and personality of the voice/instrument, no matter how "bad" he or she might be in terms of singing/playing technique compared to others of more experience. Of course there is a threshold to how "good" you have to be to gain and deserve respect, since it IS of course an art -- implying that you generally work hard to be "good" at what you do. But honestly you can always be "better" and more trained; I simply don't view music as a competition in that sense. Perfected technique is always a perk, but it's not going to make or break the credibility of a musician/artist. As long as someone is "good enough," I generally look past technique and focus on everything else.

FUCK... I have this song stuck in my head, from the radio, then I fucking found out who sings it... motherfucker...

I like it though :lol: *adds to workout playlist* I can't listen to metal too much during ym workout, I get too into it and go insane, I look like a psychopath :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like music that is original and unique, which I most often find in the Metal genre.... apart from these guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit postjump: ^@Swabs - Actually, I must admit that Metal is one of the genre that I find less creative and original for most of the times...

Am I the only one on earth that actually NEVER heard a song of that Hannah Montana thing? I actually know that it exist because of eveningninja...

Non-metal music i like:

Metalcore:
Parkway Drive
August burns red
Hatesphere
Killswitch Engage

Something else:
Stone Sour

i'm still pissed off that this twat (with his 2 gay friends) won... :Smug: (azerbeidjan ftw :kickass:)

It's okay, Eurovision has always been about politics anyway. Ani Lorak still took 2nd place regardless, which only proves that it was good :kickass:

It's okay, Eurovision has always been about politics anyway. Ani Lorak still took 2nd place regardless, which only proves that it was good :kickass:

Eurovision has always also been about making numbfuck songs that stick to your head that annoy one so much they end up voting for it.