Music you used to listen to and now you cringe that you used to listen to it?

Impelliterri.

On the flipside, I'm sure most others here including myself listen to music these days they would have cringed at in the past *cough* country *cough*.

megadeth really sucked during that period. but the new album is really good. '44 minutes' is so catchy I want to dance. except I don't dance :(

megadeth really sucked during that period. but the new album is really good. '44 minutes' is so catchy I want to dance. except I don't dance :(

Endgame is indeed awesome. 44 Minutes, Bodies, and the title track are my favorites. Also, Headcrusher is so over-the-top lyrically that it's actually funny in that Mustaine sort of way.

I actually think the last three Megadeth albums were all pretty solid, with the exception of 1/3rd of The System Has Failed and about half of United Abominations. But the good tracks made up for the bad, I think.

I was listening to some of Megadeth's mid-career albums the other day (mostly The World Needs A Hero) and wondering how I ever thought that it was good.

If you really look at it from a songwriting perspective, not simply from a *only metal \m/ crushcrush* perspective, I still think Risk is more well-composed than The World Needs a Hero.

Also, Endgame slaughters. Great album.

I think I can officially add Kamelot to my roster now. Their music officially does nothing for me. Weird how age can change your perception of things. I don't think I've ever gone so long with a band without changing my basic opinion on them as SX (which is probably why I waste so much time here, hurr).

I remember when I was in high school I started up V on my speakers and as my dad walked by the room, he stopped with a pleased smile on his face (it was at the drumming in Prelude) and asked "What is this?" I told him and he kept listening through a lot of Evolution and said something like "Wow, this is actually pretty interesting, I haven't heard anything like that before."

For some weird reason, that made me happy. :/

If you really look at it from a songwriting perspective, not simply from a *only metal m/ crushcrush* perspective, I still think Risk is more well-composed than The World Needs a Hero.

Also, Endgame slaughters. Great album.

I don't get Megadeth at all. I start listening to an album and it sounds alright, but by track 5 or so it just bugs the hell out of me and I have to stop. I'm sick of hearing the same riffing formula and Mustaine's whiny voice all over.

But that's just me.

Well yeah I can only X amount of Megadeth as well. It's the same with Anaal Nathrakh and Bal-Sagoth. I think it's good (or better) but I can only take a few songs before I want to switch to another band.

I don't get Megadeth at all. I start listening to an album and it sounds alright, but by track 5 or so it just bugs the hell out of me and I have to stop. I'm sick of hearing the same riffing formula and Mustaine's whiny voice all over.

Mustaine never kicked his speed metal habits. ;) Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you, I suppose.

But that's just me.

It's not just you lol!! Terrorizer did give the new album 9 1/2 10, I wont be buying though.