Music

warsofwinter

In memory of Chuck
May 2, 2001
Corner Brook Canada
www.warsofwinter.cjb.net
Hey! I haven't posted here in a while because my fucking internet provider's are dumbass's . I haven't listened to any good metal in a long while too ... whats some new/old good bands that I should check , I am very behind on the metal scene ..

Also
Check out my new band's acoustic shit at www.mp3.com/pollutedevolution

tell me what you guys think .. it's nothing like Wars of Winter but I like it both equally

Well, Opeth is obviously a good start!

It depends on what you are looking for. I would definitely recommend Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy and In Flames if you want to have in Swedish Melodic Death Metal (and At The Gates of course!)

apart from these, be sure to check out Nevermore (any album, try the latest one Dead hear in a Dead world), and also Arcturus (especially "La Masquerade Infernale)

Try Soilworks new album.. I like the direction they are heading with the music.

Another band that has caught my attention recently is Big Elf, a kinda old metal style band, with lotsa hammonds and moogs...

Definately check out Arcturus's new album as well, It's a bit tamer than LMI at first, but after more listenss, it's just amazing..

Originally posted by warsofwinter
Hey! I haven't posted here in a while because my fucking internet provider's are dumbass's . I haven't listened to any good metal in a long while too ... whats some new/old good bands that I should check , I am very behind on the metal scene ..

Also
Check out my new band's acoustic shit at www.mp3.com/pollutedevolution

tell me what you guys think .. it's nothing like Wars of Winter but I like it both equally

Holy shit, this is awesome!!!

only 2 songs? ;_;

Holy shit the world works in mysterious ways! I was just searching through some of your posts to try and find your phone number or something, since I haven't heard from you in ages! I am going to get the songs right away, been dying to hear more stuff! And I'll drop you a few recommendations as well...

BTW, thanks Kush (in regards to Wars of Winter...yeah,I like we've got a fair amount of music under our belt, considering we've got nearly two albums worth of music recorded, yet have basically done nothing serious with it yet!)

D/ling....

Weird though, this bizarre ad popped up making all kids of lame music pissing me off.....And what was it? Vanilla coke! Holy shit, that sounds amazing, like good old white cream soda in a coke context?? If i get back to NF this summer, that'll be my mix of choice!

I thought you split all together or changed your user name and I didn't know it. Welcome back! :) Can you download from Audio Galaxy?

Wow........Incredible! I am listening to Song of A Child, very dark and emotional, it kinda gives me a Pink Floyd mixed with alice in Chains and In flames. What guitar are you using? It sounds great for strumming, very nice sound. You're singer is quite good, and he definitely has some cool vocal ideas/layers going on. I'm not used to hearing you play such a laidback style, but you still manage to convery just as much as emotion as I've ever heard...Great stuff!

Ok, 4th dream is going now...Very dark right away, it sounds quite different as well. With that sound effect at the beginning and the guitar, it sounds absolutely nightmarish, I don't know why! It's very scary sounding for some reason. I haven't paid much attention to actual lyrics yet, but just the atmosphere of the song makes me feel it has something to do with sort of madness, it feels very introspective, in a dark, moody way. I really like this!

Are these songs acoustic versions of your song, or were they originally acoustic? For some reason I can easily picture these songs working just as well with distortion and drums, and it would be interesting to hear!

Post more man! I'll probably give you a call tonight or tomorrow. Haha, what a weird piece of coincidence this thread has been.

Definately check out Falkenbach, Thy Serpent, Borknagar, Nokturnal Morum, Genesis, yeah just look at some other reccomendation threads too.

Thanks! .. They are Acoustic versions indeed ..

We sold our Acoustic Album around school not too long ago just to get the music out there sort of .. we sold 35 copys the first day and after that the sales just stayed at like 4 or 5 per day .. sold around 80 or 90 .. something like that ..

In the beggining of summer if you are here Till you should come up here and help record our full bands album .. we will soon have studio dates but the studio we are using the guy that works there doesn't know much about recording 'metal' bands or weird styles of music .. he's more into the normal shit around here.

yeh give me a call man haven't been talkin to you in age's . Oh by the way I used Roberts guitar for the acoustic album .. I bought another B.C Rich too .. I bought it just for playing tool with a friend who is a drummer though because it sounds alot like Adam's sound ...

if you would like to hear any other songs Im usually always on icq

im downloading all the Wars of Winter songs i havent got, as well as these "Polluted Evolution" tracks. May take a while on my connection however.