Music

Originally posted by warsofwinter
Someone told me that you create music yourself (sorry I haven't been here in a while) .. where can I hear this too my friend?
well heres one of them:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/dcaswell/David_Caswell_-_Softly.mp3

i only upload my songs to 10MB webspace, so only 1 is ever up at a time.. maybe you can find someone to send the rest to you if you like what you hear.

So far ive only managed to complete the two Polluted Evolution tracks, quite nice little tracks. I always forget to download things.

Singing and guitar playing is very proffesional and it sounds great, kinda reminds me of Alice in Chains. Its nothing technically amazing, or groundbreaking, but its done well and very listenable.

As for the Wars of Winters songs they are currently all sitting on about 30% downloaded, but i already know i will quite like those tunes coz i like the two i already have (Darkest Majesty is brilliant).

I got songs of a child and 4th dream and gave 'em a listen. Both are pretty slow and very atmospheric. Just as some constructive criticism they would sound trippier if you added some creepy sound effects in th background. Or if you had the rise and fall of moody bass or something. It sounds like progressive doom music, not to put a label on it, its quite depressing but nonetheless very interesting. With some work it'll be the shit, it just needs to sound a little deeper.

Originally posted by Static
I got songs of a child and 4th dream and gave 'em a listen. Both are pretty slow and very atmospheric. Just as some constructive criticism they would sound trippier if you added some creepy sound effects in th background. Or if you had the rise and fall of moody bass or something. It sounds like progressive doom music, not to put a label on it, its quite depressing but nonetheless very interesting. With some work it'll be the shit, it just needs to sound a little deeper.

I was thinking that myself .. but time was not very plentiful with exams and shit so we just recorded our songs .. and there is no drums or bass so .. our album which will come out at the end of summer will have our heavier shit on it ..

You should have one of the guys from Thales explain who Thales is, but from a listeners point of view I would say Opeth mixed with some symphonic black metal similar to Diabolical Masquerade maybe.

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
Try Soilworks new album.. I like the direction they are heading with the music.

Another band that has caught my attention recently is Big Elf, a kinda old metal style band, with lotsa hammonds and moogs...

Definately check out Arcturus's new album as well, It's a bit tamer than LMI at first, but after more listenss, it's just amazing..

yeah, soilwork is definitely worth a try.

Someone told me that you create music yourself (sorry I haven't been here in a while) .. where can I hear this too my friend?

yayogakk's music is plain amazing.

Originally posted by Manes
Thales eh?
What are they like?

Originally posted by Morningrise
from a listeners point of view I would say Opeth mixed with some symphonic black metal similar to Diabolical Masquerade maybe.

Hoo, Hearse will be happy to hear that. :)

I can't say what our stuff is like, I'm just the stupid drummerboy.

Anyway Manes, check our website or mp3.com page.