Musician Ear Plugs For Live Gigs

jauernis

Feb 11, 2007
Frisco, CA
www.myspace.com
So I am about to have my first gig as a singer and was wondering what musician ear plugs you guys recommend something that also can filter out most of the bass and lower db but have much more clarity than your average ear plugs

Custom moulded is the way to go. Mine cost about £160, which might seem like alot, but the clarity is amazing even compared to the ER20's. I have ACS plugs with ER15 filters.

Definitely custom molded. They might seem expensive, but I had my first pair for ~10 years before I decided to get a new mold made. $15/year is a no-brainer for the fit alone.

Hearos makes a pair called the "hi fi" model. It's like $15 or so. Not as awesome as some more pricey models, but do a good job of lowering the db without muffling everything. Still can hear pretty evenly in a live situation.

Doc's Pro Plugs,

used them for years they are fantastic, they just attenunate, pop them in before the show and give your ears 5-10 mins to adjust to them and you can hear everything during your show without killing your ears,
Also great for wearing while watching shows.

http://www.proplugs.com/

Another vote for ER20's, love 'em. I do want to try custom molded plugs though.