Musicians of this forum

Amazing paintings, but I think some of the Swedish is wrong, but I'll let the resident swedes of the forum comment on that.

:(

the damage is done. no chance to modify the writings.
yes i'm an idiot. :rolleyes:
i could have asked before! :lol:

The first one is grammatically correct. Though, i´m not sure if "Sigurd prövar på Gramrs kraft" is what you are trying to say. Do you mean "Sigurd is trying on the power of Gramr", or "Sigurd is challenging/testing the power of Gramr"?

On the second one, there are two minor errors, it should be "Sigurd dräper draken Fafnir och stjäler Völsungrs skatt". Also, i understand how you think with "fafnir den draken". But you dont need define which dragon with "den", because it is already built in in "draken". Thus, The dragon translates to "Draken", not "den draken".

I do hope that you wrote it in swedish, and not icelandic or something, then this post would be somewhat imbarrassing. Haha : >

wtf....i'm a deficient!!!
i meant to say "sigurd tests gram's power/strenght"

the A in drapar maybe it can be easily corrected into an E, let's see :oops:

about the "den" part i've read somewhere that it can be used like an intensifier, both with adjective or without, as in "den ädla draken" or "den draken", am i wrong?
about the word order i decided to put den draken after the name, i'm not sure if it's correct, but it sounded better to my ears, a little bit more poetic.

Den ädla draken works, but without the adjective, it sounds weird.
Nevertheless, it is really cool how you guys are catching on to swedish so quick/easy. I admire that.

yes but then how do you say "fafnir the dragon" instead of "the dragon fafnir"?
i mean, this change of word order can be done in my mother tongue (italian) and also in english. is there any chance to have it also in swedish?

since i'm doing two more paintings, now i ask you about the other writings, please correct me before doing other irreparable errors :)

Sigurdr äter Fafnirs hjärta och förstår fåglarnas språk
Sigurd dräper Regin (den smeden?) - Gunnar och harpans kraft (mot ormar)

i have to see if there's enough space to write the things inside the brackets

thakns :)

If you want the change the word order, you must make the "den" legit with an adjective. For example "Fafnir, den ädla/mäktiga/starka/whatever draken". Note though, that it is not directly wrong to say fafnir den draken, everybody would understand what you mean, but is sounds a little weird.

The first one is correct, as far as i see.
The second one should be "Sigurd dräper smeden regin/Sigurd dräper regin, den *adjective* smeden". Gunnar och harpans kraft (mot ormar) sounds good, even with/out the last part.

VERY COOL! Nice work.

today i've drawn this, i've found an intersting picture on the net and rearranged it a little bit.
some details still need to be drawn, like the knots inside the body of the 2 dragons, but it's nearly done.
the photo is quite shitty because i didn't use the flash (it is reflected by the surface of the wood which is somehow lucid) and the lights in my basement are really low, so it's quite dark.

quadroz.jpg

If you want the change the word order, you must make the "den" legit with an adjective. For example "Fafnir, den ädla/mäktiga/starka/whatever draken". Note though, that it is not directly wrong to say fafnir den draken, everybody would understand what you mean, but is sounds a little weird.

The first one is correct, as far as i see.
The second one should be "Sigurd dräper smeden regin/Sigurd dräper regin, den *adjective* smeden". Gunnar och harpans kraft (mot ormar) sounds good, even with/out the last part.

I guess that it's OK if it sounds weird! I wouldn't correct it if it's grammatically correct, you can say it's your own piece of literature :) .

I think it might be interesting for everybody but I didn`t know where to post. I`m a big fan of Tribe After Tribe, I think they are making interesting music, but about their music some other time. The lead singer of TAT opened a blog http://www.robbirobb.com/blog/?p=9 which I read this morning. The interesting part is that he wants to presents the creative process of making a viking themed record music and lyrics wise through the blog. Enjoy it.

Hi, I need some help from the bassist of this forum. :)

What do you think about this amps?

Ashdown T15-250S

Gallien Krueger MB112

Harley Benton BA5110C

Thank you!!

If you're thinking on to buy one of them, I would go for the Ashdown.

GK has the problem that every bass plugged at one of those will sound very similar, just like Ampeg. I really dislike how GK distorts the original bass tone giving you the 'GK tone' instead.

The HB one is, if I remember well, that 1x10 one. The basic sound of that amp is simply shit. You can play with the knobs and get something more or less decent, but if you already have in mind an Ashdown, it's no competence.

Still, you should just go and play them, let your ears decide. Maybe the tone you're looking for it's the GK one, or the HB does the job just well for you. If you ask me, I would recommend you an Aguilar, Mark Bass or Trace Elliot (if you can afford one of them).

I am not familiar with the Harley. I am on the other side of the fence for the GK - I prefer the GK over Ashdown, though both companies make very good stuff.

My suggestion to your bassist is to research rack equipment; a separate power amp and preamp configuration. This offers much more in the way of tweaking "his" tone and will be far more versatile. The common thought is to get as much clean power as you can afford (Crown, QSC, etc.)...you don't have to use it all, but it is at your disposal when the need arrises.

I personally use a QSC PLX 3602 in one rig and a Crown Xti-4000 in my other rig. There are numerous quality preamps out there.

Good luck.

Mac - HEDDA

Hi, I need some help from the bassist of this forum. :)

What do you think about this amps?

Ashdown T15-250S

Gallien Krueger MB112

Harley Benton BA5110C

Thank you!!

Hi!
I'm working these days with a demo for my one-mans project, Glittertind. Since it is a one-mans project I really should get some feedback from someone. Therefore I thought I'd might share one of the demo songs with you. :-D

Please tell me what you like and what I should do better... The song is called "Heathen Soil" and can be downloaded here: http://www.glittertind.net/mp3/mightythor/Glittertind - Heathen soil(mp3).mp3

Cheers!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone still have this "Heathen Soil" song from Glittertind downloaded? I'm dying to hear it, and I can't find it anywhere online.