Must Read! (re: Sanctuary)

ThraxDude

Feb 2, 2002
This is important! Please let me know (either by e-mailing streetteam@anthrax.com or just replying to this thread) if you can't find The Greater Of Two Evils at your local record store. Please be specific! Name of the store and city, zip code, whatever you can provide.
Thanks a LOT!

PS-
I had to remove Nick's (from Sanctuary) e-mail address. THANK YOU to everyone who e-mailed him. I think you guys made him cry! :headbang:
Maybe if they'd do their FUCKING JOB, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Now, since his e-mail address is down, just e-mail me and let me know how you feel about Sanctuary records. I'll be sure to forward it to Nick.:D

Best Buy on Rt 17 North, Paramus, NJ 07652... didn't have any copies the first few days.

I've been reading some of the threads about the record company. Maybe we should be careful with our wording when airing our grievances with label promotion... if it comes off as an all out bashing of Sanctuary, that won't help either.

Well, I finally completely lost my temper. Here's what Nick from Sanctuary wrote, and my reply. I'm posting this with shaky hands, I'm so fucking pissed.
And I'm posting because you guys need to know about this:

Tad - Be aware that in addition to the 12k stickers we sent to Tim we
>>> sent an additional 12k to Sanctuary's official team, Big Mouth who
>>> provide us with photos and documentation that the materials are being
>>> used. Big Mouth has been the team that we have hired for the past
>>> couple of Anthrax releases and they have done an excellent job. I
>>> have personally gotten handed stickers and flyers at the Anthrax / Dio
>>> shows, the Megadeth shows and the Slayer shows. I have attached a
>>> recent report from Big Mouth as well. This report only details a few
>>> markets but it shows you what they have been doing. I can check with
>>> Big Mouth to see if they have any stickers left. If not perhaps we
>>> can get your team some of the flyers we made. HOWEVER, I want to
>>> start seeing some sort of back up from you that the materials are
>>> being used productively and not just sitting in someone's bedroom.
>>> When Sanctuary hires a street team we pay large sums of money for them
>>> and in return we get documentation and proof that the materials are
>>> being used. How many members of the team are there, what markets do
>>> they cover, how many team members PER MARKET are there?
>>>
>>> Please call me if you wish to discuss.
>>>
>>> Nick

Nick-
I try to help Anthrax because I'm a FAN. I don't make a FUCKING CENT. I try to promote them because SANCTUARY wont.
How dare you ask for PROOF! I'm LIVID!
Thanks for not trusting us.
Go FUCK YOURSELF.
Tad

ThraxDude said:
PS-I had to remove Nick's (from Sanctuary) e-mail address. THANK YOU to everyone who e-mailed him. I think you guys made him cry! :headbang:
Maybe if they'd do their FUCKING JOB, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Now, since his e-mail address is down, just e-mail me and let me know how you feel about Sanctuary records. I'll be sure to forward it to Nick.:D

We made him cry? WTF is this guy paid to do then??? Make sure bands new releases never make it to stores??? :p

Sounds like this guy wants to make it clear that he considers Tad's street team "insignificant" or "not genuine experts".....
WTF??
He probably felt incompetent because of all the e-mail he got, so he wanted to throw some sticks and stones.
And I checked the Best Buy in Brownsville, Texas yesterday. They had 2 copies of GOTE as well as a nice collection of other Anthrax stuff including: The Collection, Persistence of Time, State of Euphoria, and even Among the Living!!

Johnny Ace said:
I've been reading some of the threads about the record company. Maybe we should be careful with our wording when airing our grievances with label promotion... if it comes off as an all out bashing of Sanctuary, that won't help either.
I know what you're saying, Johnny. But IT IS OVER. I REFUSE to waste my time with Sanctuary.
As I told the band, management, and Nick the Dick:
I've been polite and professional for as long as I could.
I can't wait until Sanctuary files for bankruptcy, as long as Anthrax aren't on the label.
I WILL CONTINUE TO LEAD THE US STREET TEAM, AND DO SANCTUARY'S WORK, BUT ONLY TO SUPPORT THE BAND.
I will definitely continue to support my favorite band, even though they're on that worthless pile of shit label.
FUCK SANCTUARY!!!
We DON'T NEED THEM!!!! They haven't lifted a finger for us since WCFYA.

ThraxMan- The band is on OUR side! That's all I'll say.
Thank you ALL for your support. Anthrax LOVES you. Sanctuary doesn't give a FUCK.
We now need to do what muffy suggested. A bake-sale to get promotion for Anthrax.
Love,
Tad

And thanks, Ian442, for writing Nick the Dick.

Once Anthrax is free of Sanctuary, I hope to put Sanctuary out of business somehow, and save other bands from being RAPED.

A wise man told me:
Sanctuary is where
bands go to DIE!

And one more thing...
We've been doing this street team shit for many months now.
If any member of Anthrax told me I've gone too far, or that I shouldn't post negative comments about the label, etc... I would not have written this thread... Know what I mean?

The band have basically been saying the exact same thing, albeit toned down. Remember Charlie's post about not being able to find MOMD? That was totally bashing Sanctuary too. And he should, because I haven't seen them do any halfway decent promotion in 4 years. Megadeth's The World Needs A Hero and COC's America's Volume Dealer had a little push, although not enough. And Anthrax's WCFYA got pretty much zero support, even though it's the best record that label has ever released. and the new Megadeth got no support either. They complained to Dave that he owed them another Megadeth release, and wouldn't let him call it a Mustaine release...but yet, they didn't promote it anyway, so why did the name matter?

Lordlindsey said:
Your doing great Tad.

Thanks for your support.

Here's some more Metal Gossip. What I wrote to the Management and the band, and I made sure to include Nick The Dick from Sanctuary (or as the webmaster would say "Mortuary Records"):

I want to apologize again to Izzy. I also want to apologize to Jonathan, and the band.
If Sanctuary did their job, this never would have happened.
I cannot believe that Nick asked me for PROOF that WE are trying to help him make money! I cannot wait until Sanctuary files for bankruptcy (as long as Anthrax are not on the label at the time).

You guys have NO idea how much Nick's message upset me. My reply to him was just a sample of my disgust. I was literally shaking when I replied.

I'm not sure if you guys know, but about a year ago someone from Sanctuary actually posted on ANTHRAX's messageboard, telling ANTHRAX’s fans to vote for TESLA on a radio web site!! (Because the loyal Anthrax fans were voting for “Safe Home”, making that song number one, and beating the Tesla song)

When we-- the Anthrax fans—refused to vote for Tesla, and kept Anthrax at # 1, “Safe Home” was removed from the poll!!!

I have remained polite and professional for as long as I possibly could.

It takes a LOT for me to lose my cool, and Nick managed to do so. Besides this final e-mail to Nick, I refuse to work with him anymore (not like he's worked with me since WCFYA).

From now on, the only contact Nick will have from me are complaints from fans and messages from fans who are wondering where their new Anthrax album is.

But if you guys at Zen Media can get Sanctuary to send you anything that the US street team could use (good luck!), please let me know.

Please remember: I am just a glorified Anthrax fan. And I know Anthrax deserves MUCH BETTER than this.

I’ve been a huge Anthrax fan for about 15 years. And when I attempt to help the band get the attention that they deserve, their label tells me to ‘PROVE IT’.

I will continue to do whatever I possibly can to help promote my favorite band. (Sounds cheesy, but it’s a fact)

Thanks.
-Tad

..I'm confused. Did Sanctuary send Tim 12000 stickers? If so why were they not sent to us.

I also think what Nick the Dick from skanktuary said was utter bullshit. If he wants proof that the street team hands out stuff, just have him look at some of our members pics on line here.

I have no problem bringing my digital camera and sending in pictures. What is the band saying about this. Why are they not telling Sactuary that Anthrax has a street team devoted to Anthrax and only Anthrax. Nick is full of shit about people handing out stickers on the DIo tour. What cities, where. I was at a few of those shows and saw nothing. Can you forward his email to me so I can send him an email.

Just my .02. I will continue to help spread the word, but I want to send fag boy nick a hate mail.