My amps reviewed on youtube: ENGL Fireball, 6505+, mesa roadster, krankenstein proto

Calippo Tecks

Feb 6, 2005
Belgium
I reviewed my four amps and uploaded the ENGL Fireball already to YouTube:

The other amps are 6505+, Krank Krankenstein prototype and Mesa Boogie Roadster.

I used the same mic position for all of these amps to get a good comparison, I still need to edit the other video's and upload them. I'll post them in this thread when they're finished.

*edit*
I just uploaded the 6505+ review, the other ones are coming next week:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, just downloaded your files, but it asks for activation code. their website is dead though..

Thats intelligent budgeting.
He could also have some expensive sound catchers and $2000 worth of amps...

Lol, exactly. This eggshells cost me 10 € and... quite some time to glue :headbang:
This room was meant for my drumkit, but basically it's my 'recording/producing room' right now.
I still live at home, so this is the best solution for me, that's also the reason why I can afford all this gear, I don't have any bills.

cool test :)

i'm just wondering... why do i see more & more guitars with some kind of wrist band at the top of the neck ?

I normally don't do that with my other guitars, but for some reason the thickest string sometimes has this metallic resonation when I'm palm muting, that's why I do it.

I'm going to edit and upload the second one today, tonight I'm leaving to graspop, so the last two video's will be for next week.
Thank's all for watching this one.

You are really making me want a Fireball 100, especially after uploading the 6505+ video, that didn't sound as good as the FB100 for the most part. These are all unboosted right?

You are really making me want a Fireball 100, especially after uploading the 6505+ video, that didn't sound as good as the FB100 for the most part. These are all unboosted right?

These are unboosted but keep in mind the gain and eq all sound a bit differently, I tried to match the gain, but I think the ENGL sounds more gainy, shoul've recorded it with a little less.

the ENGL sounds a bit more agressive recorded, but I like the overall tone of the 6505+ much more.

Try to play them both before buying, it's also a matter of opinion ofcourse.

i think the mesa cab really gives its tone on the tone here, i own the powerball and played the fireball on a legacy cab, and with close micing and a sm57 they were really more bassy then yours.

i think the mesa cab really gives its tone on the tone here, i own the powerball and played the fireball on a legacy cab, and with close micing and a sm57 they were really more bassy then yours.

Well, I use the same mic position for all the reviews, out of my experience, it doesn't matter which cab I mic up, if I switch amps on the same mic position, a lot of the tone stays the same. I personally don't like it more bassy than it is already, I'm more into micing close to the center.

My number one is definitely the mesa roadster, which I'll try to upload today.
Second one is the 6505+.

It's a bit like the SM57, classic stuff that does the job really well.