My Bands Album is finally out: Harpia Deiis - "Collapse"

Mago

Austrian Blech Machine
Aug 21, 2009
Vienna, Austria
After more than 2 years of hard work I'm proud to announce that my Bands album is out now!
No label or anything, we just released it on our own.

UPDATE 09/2011:

Full album available for stream on our Bancamp site here

Here's the cover
Cover-Digipack.jpg

There are 10 songs on it, musically I think it's in between Melodeath and Thrash, but not really one of the both 100%, with Keyboards for a bit of atmosphere. We got female and male vocals going on.

I was responsible for the production and mix, our dear sneapster Jaymz did the mastering.

There's also sneapster help on the vocals on the song "Rise of Blades" were Felix Neumann and Carlos (Skinny_Viking) as well as George (carlos' vocalist in shadowdance) delivered kick ass choirish vocals at the last chorus.

You can check out 3 songs & an albumsampler on our facebook page here www.facebook.com/harpiadeiis

if you like what you hear and want to get a physical copy head over here
http://harpiadeiis.bigcartel.com/
it comes as 6 page digipack with a 12page booklet, so I think it looks quite good in the bookshelf :D
(photos of it over here: Digipack)

for digital download you can go over here
http://harpiadeiis.bandcamp.com/
comes with artwork in digital format too

in case anyone has a question about the production just ask!

Jussi, in case you should see this:
Thanks a lot of rendering the piano on that one song for us. We didn't end up using it for this album (vocals didnt turn out good enough) but we'll keep working on it and put it on a future release :wave:

Hope some of you like it, I know a few were waiting for it...sorry it took so long, hopefully it was worth the wait :)

cheers Marco

Can't wait for my copies to arrive!

Was VERY happy to have been able to make my small contribution to what I know is an AWESOME cd ... thanks for the opportunity Marco!:kickass:

Everybody BUY THIS DISC :headbang:

It sounds so damn good!! Awesome job everyone, this kick ass Marco, awesome mix of elements, really well done!

Awesome work... for some idea, the song I listened to reminded me of Protest the Hero's Fortress of all things... the female singer's melodies and accentuations remind me of Rody.

Just got my 2 copies in the mail yesterday!

Looks AWESOME Marco! Great job

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but its in the cd player of my car waiting for the drive home from work today:headbang:

BTW - Britta loved how you wrote the "1"s in our address ... exactly the way she used to write them where they look like "7"s hahahaha

Thanks again bro!

Everybody else ... BUY THIS CD

Thanks for checkin it out and the nice words guys :wave:
Sorry to chime in that late again, was pretty much bound to bed with antibiotics the last week...making this thread was pretty much the last thing before I well..."collapsed" .....*doh*;)

Can't wait for my copies to arrive!

Was VERY happy to have been able to make my small contribution to what I know is an AWESOME cd ... thanks for the opportunity Marco!:kickass:

Everybody BUY THIS DISC :headbang:

Thanks to you for helping out dude! I still grin everytime I hear your "PRIIiiiIIiIiIiIDE" at the end :D

Hell yes! :headbang:

This CD is awesome from start to finish...I agree with Carlos, buy it nowwwe! :devil:

Good job Marco & crew!

Thanks & glad to hear mastering that one wasnt a PITA for you dude :lol:

this available on itunes? I got a gift card i want to use :)

Unfo not (yet)...would be awesome and making a lot of sense to put it out there on itunes and stuff, we just have to calculate and see how the sales go...I know it is "worth" to put it on there, but I want at least get the money back for the service :lol:

It sounds so damn good!! Awesome job everyone, this kick ass Marco, awesome mix of elements, really well done!

Thanks Antonio!

Congratulations!!!! I listened the track on bandcamp and it sounds great! Good luck!
Thanks man! I wanted to whole album to be streamable on bandcamp, but the rest of the band didn't want that, so theres only that one song up for now

Just listened to the songs on Facebook and I really enjoyed them! its got some great guitar work on there! Any info on the guitars? what amp(s) did you use?

Well, thanks for that man!
basically 2 gutiar chains/reamps on that album:
rhythm guitars (doubletracked) are esp f-400 /w EMG81 -> DIY TS (808) -> 6505+ -> Randall v30 cab (RA 412 CV) -> sm57 angled, pointing between dustcap edge of dustcap and dead center, backed off quite a bit since the speaker is pretty deep in the cab.
Here's a pic of the reamping session
Album%202010%20Reamping%202.JPG

melody were the same chain but without TS and a custom DIY preamp running through the poweramp of the peavey...I think even the mic position was the same, but I dont remember that for sure

soli were "rescued" by beeing reamped through a custom DIY preamp, running into Gregs beta impulse...also miced them but the mic placement was shitty and unable to work with the reamps, so we did that again. were nice preamp that thing is, had a lot of fun with it allready :D
its called "The Anvil" and made by a small amp builder in germany, who put it out to be purchased as DIY kit, which our other guitarplayer build somewhen last year (he also built my TS and well as the reamping box)
guitar for solo was mostly ESP Horizon NT-II, exept the few soli I did were I used the same guitar I had for the rhythm parts.

there's also the same set of Rhythm DI's running through that preamp into gregs beta impulse to beef it up a bit, but its very low and subtle...phasing was a bit of a pita with that one lol

Fuck Yeah! Can´t wait to get the copy!! :Smokin: Congratz Mago!!

should arrive soon dude! :headbang:
danke mann! ;)

Awesome work... for some idea, the song I listened to reminded me of Protest the Hero's Fortress of all things... the female singer's melodies and accentuations remind me of Rody.

haha thanks, very funny though I think nobody of us listens to PTH at all...especially not she or me....I dont have that sensation while listening to PTH's vocalist, but I'm anything but objective I guess ;)

I was listening to the tracks on Facebook today, really loving it! Waiting for paycheck to buy it, can't wait to have the digipack in my hands! Seriously great job guys!

I'm loving the inmense traditional metal influence you got going there, it's pretty unique in it's blend IMO

Glad to hear that Dani, and muchas gracias :D
Also glad you noticed that I'm not trying to be 100% straight forward modern in my writing :lol:

Just got my 2 copies in the mail yesterday!

Looks AWESOME Marco! Great job

Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but its in the cd player of my car waiting for the drive home from work today:headbang:

BTW - Britta loved how you wrote the "1"s in our address ... exactly the way she used to write them where they look like "7"s hahahaha

Thanks again bro!

Everybody else ... BUY THIS CD

Cery strange that your copies arrived allready after a week or so, but glad for you man, hope you'll like it!
hahaha I told you that I was ending up writing like in kindergarten on that fuckin envelope...that stupid material and me having fever didn't end up well :lol:
yeah, I think around here we're teached to write the ones as "1" and not as "I"...but it arrived so I guess the postman was happy with it ;)

Ok so I listened to the whole thing ... several times now ...

Marco, as much as I love the song "Rise of Blades" ... "Unholy War" fucking KILLS EVERYTHING on that disc! Holy shit what a fuckin epic song

seriously dude, having listened through a few times I can say with no hesitation that I am extremely jealous ... the sound, the writing, the performances, everything just completely SLAYS on this disc

If I had a wizard hat, I'd throw it at your feet right now

Ok so I listened to the whole thing ... several times now ...

Marco, as much as I love the song "Rise of Blades" ... "Unholy War" fucking KILLS EVERYTHING on that disc! Holy shit what a fuckin epic song

seriously dude, having listened through a few times I can say with no hesitation that I am extremely jealous ... the sound, the writing, the performances, everything just completely SLAYS on this disc

If I had a wizard hat, I'd throw it at your feet right now

Nice! Figured that you'd like Unholy War, it has the most oldshoolish thrash influences going on....those of my buddies who like Kreator and stuff also like Unholy War the most I think :D It's also a nice song for live: had a wall of death going on when it kicks in and also some "AY! AY! AY!..." scream along action during that part in the middle...was pretty epic :lol:
it's one of the "older" songs, and I tried to not let my thrashy side take control that much for the rest of the album
kinda hard for me to tell what my fav is on it, because I have heared some song 1 million times more then others, between mixing and rehearsing and playing live :loco:

no need to be jealous dude, shadowdance kicks ass a lot & your new CD will too :headbang:

Just fished the copy out of my post box!!! :D Thank you very much, Marco! Will listen to it in repeat and let you know my impressions. So far I can say the Prelude sounds EPIC! :kickass:

Glad it arrived! Still surprised that Carlos copy was that fast though :lol:
haha nice to hear you like the intro...hope you made it a bit more into the CD though ;)

putting up something big like that needs a lot of perseverance, congragts marco and band! :)
the digipack looks amazing!

listening to rise of blades atm, not my absolute genre but this
is absolutely worth listening. will be checking out the other tracks soon! :)

chers
S.

I just listened to your songs and the album sampler in myspace and I have to say that it sounds like you guys did a really good job in all aspects.
I wish you and your band best of luck with your album.