My call with Dave Mustaine

Vic Rattlehead

Bonded By Blood
Jun 15, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
Man I'm still shaking like a bitch and nervous from that. If I met him in person I'd probably die.

Among the questions I asked him I asked how long he had been playing before doing anything with a band, the answer was he knew he was going to be great before anything like that. He had never been really taught until a few months ago when he learned to play again. I also asked how his playing has changed since the injury, and its still the same if not better. He said to be careful of any guitar teacher you might get, and to try and go for a classical teacher. He's up to working on Youthanasia and is experimenting with tempo speeds to hear how it sounds. Also he has more fun playing rhythm, but likes lead also.

He also was said it was surprising I could play all his rhythms after playing a year.

I had some other questions in mind to ask, but there wasn't that much time to really talk since he is working constantly on remixing everything.

Whoa! That's cool. You spoke on the phone with _THE_MAN_.
Dave Mustaine rules.

Do you have a megadeth hotline like the batphone?

How did you score a phone call from _THE_MAN_?

No hotline, although the call came while I was looking at the Jackson museum page with him on it.

I won the call by guessing the next word in the new Megadeth song. Maybe I can win again so I can ask the rest of the questions I forgot.

I didn't really get to ask much, its like you ask a question and he gives you a pretty detailed answer. When it happened I was damn nervous so I just pretty much asked whatever I could think of off the top of my head. If I end up getting a call again I definitely have to ask about that though, with song titles and extra stuff. So far the only song titles I know so far is Blackmail the Universe, and a song title Chris Poland gave out in an interview called When Robots Rule.

Dave recently said he got to the Rust in Peace demos with Marty on them, so maybe something like that will be released.

That's another question I need to remember if there is a next time. He seems to be on good terms with Marty, but he really hasn't been getting too far into answering about when it comes to David.