my cat can't walk...

dreaming neon darkspot

natures' retard
May 13, 2002
in times of grace
lilly was apparently having trouble walking earlier, my mom said she was dragging her back-end when she walked downstairs earlier and also said she thought the cat was going to the bathroom outside of her litter box

lilly crawled under my brother's bed in the basement and has been lying on her side, propped up on one of her elbows, but hasn't been able to walk - just dragging herself around with her front legs

she isn't showing any sign of pain or sickness and this all started just today

fuck what the fuck is wrong with my cat i'm freaking the fuck out

we're trying to take her to an animal hospital right now

Good luck with your kitty :(

If she's just paralyzed get her some leg wheelies. Don't let them put her to sleep if nothing else is wrong!

OMG my whole family is trapped on a burning house, i should post about it first, and then go rescue them. Srsly i hope lilly gets ok

yep... so it was a tumor that was apparently putting pressure on her nerves or something and that's why she can't walk

they can give her steroids to stop the inflammation and maybe give her the ability to walk, reduce pain, etc but that could only be for days or weeks or months - very temporary. other than that, they could look at things like CAT scans, surgery, all kind of expensive, involved procedures that are too fucking complicated for her little body.

honestly... i hate it, but, to me, she's already gone. you can't give medicine like that to something to tiny and so dependent, who doesn't know anything other than warm house, soft pillow, food bowl, dog, Laura, and other cat, and expect her to be the same...

my pretty girl

100_0195.jpg

100_0697.jpg

100_0817.jpg

My mom says that when I call the family, my old cat Ginger always seems to know when I'm talking to them on the phone. Apparently, she's hearing my voice and going to whoever is holding the phone and starts meowing and purring. if ANYTHING bad ever happens to that cat, I would die. Laura, I apologize for my mini rant, and I hope for the best for your feline companion.

no, that's fine. that's so cute, actually. i hope she's healthy and with you for a long time

it's crazy how perceptive and affectionate cats can be. and some people say they have no personality...