My claim to "fame"

Sammi951

Sep 9, 2002
Hyde, Manchester
Visit site

I met this bloke last Saturday night who is apparently very good friends with Paul Johnson, formerly of Saxon!! This bloke is a lead guitarist in a rock group called The Vipers - has anyone seen them? They do covers of groups like The Scorpions, Thunder and Saxon and are apparently really good. I think they mostly do gigs in the North though, so maybe none of you have heard of them. Anyway, that's one "claim to fame", but the other and perhaps most important is being "pointed at" by Biff himself!! This happened at the gig in Bolton on 14th June, and we were in the second row, doing a bit of moshing (as you do!), and Biff pointed at us and smiled!! Does all this make me a friend of the group?? :lol:

Sammi951 said:
This happened at the gig in Bolton on 14th June, and we were in the second row, doing a bit of moshing (as you do!)

Now from time to time I check out past treads. Well I found this one today posted by a well respected member, four years ago.

Now Sammi have you given up moshing totally? I bet when the mood takes you still out rock those young uns:headbang: :lol:

SAXONIZED said:
Now from time to time I check out past treads. Well I found this one today posted by a well respected member, four years ago.

Now Sammi have you given up moshing totally? I bet when the mood takes you still out rock those young uns:headbang: :lol:

God, have I really been coming on here for more than four years?? I really need to get a life! :lol: As for being well respected...hmmm, dunno about that, with some of the things I've been saying on here recently, people probably think I'm a miserable, stroppy old git! They wouldn't be wrong!! :D

Definitely not given up the moshing - the older I get, the more daft I seem to get as well! I'm gonna have to give up the slamming and crowd surfing now though! :lol:

Lionheart747 said:
Sammi sweetie not to blow my own trumpet,ohhherrr,what's my claim to fame??how was the trip?and where is Mr Paxoman?

I don't know what your claim to fame is...meeting me in the flesh, perhaps?? :lol:

The trip was fantastic!! I'm never usually so enthusiastic about holidays, but I just can't stop talking about this one!! For the past two nights, I have been looking at flights to New York for next year for me and my son!! That's not like me at all, so I think it's safe to say I loved NY :)

Mr Paxoman is currently sitting at his PC (he's either usually there, or on the settee!) :lol: