My contribution to Pyramaze.

PyraStorm

New Metal Member
Aug 3, 2008
As most can probably see, I am a brand new member here at these forums. I specifically signed up for the Pyramaze forums. Ever since I heard Michael's and Toke's sweet guitars, Morten's roaring drums, Neil's great bass rhythm and solo's, and Jonah's inspiring keyboard ethics, I can't help but say, in my very first post in their forums, thank you. I am a writer (creative novelist, etc.) and Pyramaze's music has influenced me and taken me to places never before thought of in my creative thought process.

Again, thank you Pyramaze!

So, I actually love to play the guitar every now and then. I've been playing on and off for six years, all though this video still presents a notion that's rather sketchy. I hope everyone enjoys:

Last edited by a moderator:
this got me thinking... someone really needs to create a program that can ditinguish guitars, bass, drums & vocals from each other and u can turn whichever u want off... that way if ppl wanna play their fave songs they can play along with the music and not be overshadowed by the actual guitars from the song
not sure if this is even possible without having the actual full copy of the song that they have at a recording studio but hell it would be nice

It's not really possible without having the original files... but there are programs such as GuitarPro, where people figure out the songs on the program, and tab it out to be played back in MIDI (as I recall)

From there you can take the songs and eliminate what aspects you don't want to hear, and practice along with the part (with musical notation AND tabs to look at) as well as the awesome feature of being able to increase and decrease the tempos, loop any phrase at will, and so forth.

It's how I learned to play nearly the entire Iced Earth Dark Saga album on drums and bass, and am currently learning on guitars.