My Dying Bride "Angel and dark river"

Over the relatively few years (2) I've liked them - TAatDR has become my favorite album of theirs.

I only own 'Turn Loose The Swans'

nonetheless, a great band. I've been on a doom/death kick for awhile and that album gets lots of spins round these parts.

I love this album... would be a great soundtrack to a pagan movie imo.... perhaps The Wicker Man... but anyways has a very pagan/wicca feel to it... can't explain it... definetly one of my fave MDB albums...

My Dying Bride is among one of my favourite bands, or at least a band I can always enjoy. I don't know if I have a particular favourite, I'd probably say "Like Gods of the Sun" albeit a controversial opinion that is. I think "Angel and the Dark River" is a good album though but it's never trully impressed me like it has with many other people.

"Turn Loose The Swans" is more dark and sorrowfull (and my fav MDB album) but this one comes close in the second place. All their early works are classics, the new ones are remarkable as well.

It's nice to realize, that bigdave finally started to use his brains before creating another thread.

I can't get enough of this album. I think it is one of the darkest and most sorrowful metal albums ever released. Such beauty and power in each song.

discuss

so far my favorite MDB album, and The Cry Of Mankind is the most sad song of all metal history. This song represents the true feeling of despair when someone has a family member dead.

The Cry Of Mankind

You can't expect to see him and survive
You'll swallow his tongue of thorns
His mouth, dripping with flies
In his glorious kingdom of fire
But I believe he wept
I will make them all lie down
Down where hope lies dying
With lust, you're kicking mankind to death
We live and die without hope
You tramp us down in a river of death
As I stand here now, my heart is black
I don't want to die a lonely man
This is a weary hour
This is a weary hour

:worship: :worship: :worship:

I bought the reissue of Turn Loose The Swans a couple months ago and only have spun it maybe three or four times and it hasn't really done much for me. Nothing they have released has been very memorable to me though I respect that they have had a steady long career of consistent quality.

I only listen to the pure death/doom my dying bride now which is not much. Trinity comp and As The Flower Withers.

raw heavy death/doom.

I bought the reissue of Turn Loose The Swans a couple months ago and only have spun it maybe three or four times and it hasn't really done much for me. Nothing they have released has been very memorable to me though I respect that they have had a steady long career of consistent quality.

Listen to the earlier stuff.

More Death/Doom: early Anathema, early Paradise Lost, Dream Death, Runemagick, Winter, Sorrow, Nuctemeron, etc.