My Dying Bride- Angel and the dark river

Rocky Raccoon

I am the Walrus
Feb 24, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
So i own words of darkness etc and its a pretty good album but I get the feeling they can do better..
What is angel like?
there is a 2nd hand 2cd version released in 1995 instore at my local cd store...
I noticed there is also a re-released version done in 2003 of this cd.. is it remastered or anything or just been slapped in a digipak??

Cheers guys

angel and the dark river
turn loose the swans
light at the end of the world
dreadful hours
as the flower withers

those you need to own.

(cry of mankind is worth the price of admission on angel alone)

cry of mankind is a great track from that album

edit: haha i was writing and you posted a couple seconds before i did i guess

34... is MDB's most experimental album. Its first track, "the whore the cook and the mother" is one of my favourite MDB songs, the rest of the album is quite strange at first, the drum beats can be quite electronic in style sometimes but i think overall it is a fantastic

Pethical said:
34... is MDB's most experimental album. Its first track, "the whore the cook and the mother" is one of my favourite MDB songs, the rest of the album is quite strange at first, the drum beats can be quite electronic in style sometimes but i think overall it is a fantastic

that sounds pretty cool. I'll have to check it out. I like a band that dare to venture off on a new path.

Sanctuary said:
You guys should check out Novembers Doom...especially their latest offering, "The Pale Haunt Departure". Just awesome.

Yes agreed. more opeth fans should be into them. TPHD was one of my favourite discs of last year. To welcome the fade is also good, but not as good as TPHD.

Another band to check out which is more like November's Doom meets Amon Amarth is Insomnium. Excellent band, check out the album "since the day it all came down. Fantastic stuff

I have the Dreadful Hours and Turn Loose The Swans, and I must say that the Dreadful Hours is pretty asskicking! TLTS has a nice atmosphere, but it's just a bit too slow and repetitive for me. But I've only heard it a couple of times yet so it may grow on me.

34...is great. Dreadful Hours is my favourite that album is just soo satisfying musically.

NineFeetUnderground said:
angel and the dark river
turn loose the swans
light at the end of the world
dreadful hours
as the flower withers

those you need to own.

(cry of mankind is worth the price of admission on angel alone)
Those are my favorite MDB albums. :) I have to listen to 34... again. I remember not liking it much when they released it. But my taste has changed, so maybe I will appreciate it more now.

SanctuaryNZ said:
You guys should check out Novembers Doom...especially their latest offering, "The Pale Haunt Departure". Just awesome.

I brought that at real grooovy but returned it. Didnt really appeal aye. I could see what they were trying to do but they just weren't doing it well IMO