My Evile Report

Darkofeden

12 Kermit the Frogs in a Denny's parking lot
Aug 10, 2009
New Hampshire
Ok, so the other day while i was in my class, History of Jazz and rock and we were assigned a project that had two choices, ether make up a fake band, right a paragraph about it and make 4 songs for them, or, Research a real band and do a 2 1/2 page report about them, so i picked the second option and I picked Evile (obvious fan-boyness :kickass:) and I was hoping to get some interesting/ fun facts that I don't know from you nice forum members.

Infected Nations was NOT about the swine flu epidemic

Good luck in your project

fing34.gif

at the first show, someone got hit with a flying brick. Ol has studied Music theory, and and doesn't suck at guitar in the most profound way imaginable.

Well i was hoping for some more info on the formation and a little bit about the demo cd's

Here is some about the formation

Evile are a thrash metal outfit from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire in the UK.

Founded by old school friends Matt Drake and Ben Carter, and after playing with different guitarists and bass players for a year or so, Matt’s brother Ol was asked to join as lead guitarist. After a short search for a bass player The 3 were contacted by Mike Alexander via an ad in a local guitar shop, and the band was formed.

In October of 2006 Evile signed to the legendary Earache Records, label home of such Metal legends as Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Municipal Waste and Carcass.

The second chapter in Evile's history comes by the name "Infected Nations", produced by Russ Russell (Napalm Death, Dimmu Borgir), original artwork by Michael Whelan (Sepultura, Obituary, Stephen King) and released via Earache Records worldwide. "Infected Nations" is Evile's modern take on Thrash Metal, and finds the band coming into a sound of their own. "Infected Nations” went into the top 100 album chart in the UK after its release on Sept 21 2009.

I will let the others help you with the demo's and stuff

Here is some about the formation

Evile are a thrash metal outfit from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire in the UK.

Founded by old school friends Matt Drake and Ben Carter, and after playing with different guitarists and bass players for a year or so, Matt’s brother Ol was asked to join as lead guitarist. After a short search for a bass player The 3 were contacted by Mike Alexander via an ad in a local guitar shop, and the band was formed.

In October of 2006 Evile signed to the legendary Earache Records, label home of such Metal legends as Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Municipal Waste and Carcass.

The second chapter in Evile's history comes by the name "Infected Nations", produced by Russ Russell (Napalm Death, Dimmu Borgir), original artwork by Michael Whelan (Sepultura, Obituary, Stephen King) and released via Earache Records worldwide. "Infected Nations" is Evile's modern take on Thrash Metal, and finds the band coming into a sound of their own. "Infected Nations” went into the top 100 album chart in the UK after its release on Sept 21 2009.

I will let the others help you with the demo's and stuff

Thanks for the info :kickass:
I'ts due on next Wednesday so I'll ether post it sometime on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday

The band started out jamming and performing Metallica covers, due to them being the songs they all knew. That might be worth adding.

You could also mention how well received the Hell demo was by the UK thrash/metal scene.

Shame i didnt see this thread until now,i could have given you all sorts of random info. i am the captain afterall.

At the risk making you seemingly slow I feel it's my duty, Cap'n, to point out that this topic was only posted at 02.50hrs today (4/12/09) , so you didn't miss it, it was just I was unable to sleep and I thought it was my duty as an Evile fan/supporter to assist this young man in any way possible.

Over to you

:headbang::headbang::headbang: