My first song here, please mix it!

I'm at college atm, is all that background hiss normal....... as i'm only listening to ArielThesis's mix to get an idea to see if i actually wanna have a go at this song.

Let me know man

Yeah man i think you could tone of little with the hiss!

That might just be me, when i listen to production with hiss init, it just annoys me as i feel thats all i focus on.

But it nice to see you putting your on touch on mixes, if thats what your going for keep do it man!

I may as well give a crack at this.

EDIT: If possible I'd prefer some DI tracks. And when your record your tracks they DONT have to peak at 0 decibels :) Also the guitar and bass tracks were off set by around half a measure. Would you mind uploading a rough mix of the overall song, so we know how it sounds? Im afraid now that the vocal tracks are of as well.

EDIT: If possible I'd prefer some DI tracks. And when your record your tracks they DONT have to peak at 0 decibels :) Also the guitar and bass tracks were off set by around half a measure. Would you mind uploading a rough mix of the overall song, so we know how it sounds? Im afraid now that the vocal tracks are of as well.

Total +1:heh:

Sorry about the recordings, i'm really not good on that and still learning about it.

Here the song mixed by a friend just to know how it sounds http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3987216/Passini_Rough_Mix.mp3

I may as well give a crack at this.

Heres my first mix attempt. I Did the best with what I got.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4328516/passini.mp3

Tell me what you think. Also For your full album I would be doing extremely fair rates. Also you could get much better results if you send me a DI and recorded vocals with a slightly better microphone. Anyways tell me what you think.

EDIT: Guitars may sound a bit thinner, but they had way too much low end before. Also I made one change to your song. At the end part, I made the fingering come in right on the last chord, With it starting before It all most sounded like a mistake.

Still aint had chance to do this yet man, i will get round to it though........

'Arrowed Lung Studios' i love the your snare sound man, sounds phat as fuck, however i think the reverb on that vocal is a bit excessive and adds alot of weight to the vocal. Overall Good levels in the mix man think bass could have a slight better tone, and guitar could sit a bit nicer.

Still aint had chance to do this yet man, i will get round to it though........

'Arrowed Lung Studios' i love the your snare sound man, sounds phat as fuck, however i think the reverb on that vocal is a bit excessive and adds alot of weight to the vocal. Overall Good levels in the mix man think bass could have a slight better tone, and guitar could sit a bit nicer.
you can just call me dan, so you dont have to write out 'arrowed lung studios' everytime :lol:

Anyways thanks for the tips man. I actually didnt do much with snare sound, but I may leave it pretty dry. The vocals felt alright verb' wise, but I may have had some deadend ears last night. Im gonna give it a listen tonight. Guitar and bass tracks are pretty much what I got, I cant do TOO much to em, alhtough I'm gonna try em out a bit more.

whats up fellas? its my first time here. cool to find this place. ill give it a go on sunday. not much of a football fan anyhow.

Hi Arrowed Lung Studios,

Thanks for waste your time doing that. I think in the begginning have too much reverb and the guitars are too high as you said. I prefer then more low and heavy.

Thanks anyway.

Heres my first mix attempt. I Did the best with what I got.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4328516/passini.mp3

Tell me what you think. Also For your full album I would be doing extremely fair rates. Also you could get much better results if you send me a DI and recorded vocals with a slightly better microphone. Anyways tell me what you think.

EDIT: Guitars may sound a bit thinner, but they had way too much low end before. Also I made one change to your song. At the end part, I made the fingering come in right on the last chord, With it starting before It all most sounded like a mistake.