My first song

Pretty good, kinda choppy but still good. I have only been playing for about the same time you have, I haven't been able to make a long song that is just guitar, I haven't had the time, with school and work and homework and shit.

Not bad at all! Like Flames said, a little choppy but very good for playing for 9 months.

Yeah, in my opinion if someone can't make something like what you made within a year then they should stop playing. What determines a guitarists skill is not what you can play but what you can make.

I hated the leads at the beginning, but the chords were good. Try to find a better rhythm. The chunk riff is a keeper though. I'm not sure if this is on purpose, but is in a crazy time sig. Then next riff is sick. Groovy. The powerchord melody is not very heavy. The part after that sounds disorganized. Have you played with a drummer yet? You have good ideas...

After hearing my first song our bassist said he wanted to have a quicker tempo so this is what I came up with. I had a great time writing all those riffs. I was really surprised when the finished song only came up to 3:32. Atleast this gives some time to have a nice guitar solo when I actually have the skill to write one:lol:.

Oh about the other song I'm going to re-record it with a better opening rythm section and the heavy part is going to be replaced with a nice simple solo. I tried tabbing the song and it was
f-ing impossible. I didnt realise what wierd time signatures it was in :erk:.

Last edited by a moderator:
No offense but I actually liked the video you posted before better than that one.

how could you not tab the song from the time signature... tabs dont quite depict the time signature as well as sheet music... but some good shit and stick to the style of the first song... way more "technical" i guess... good chops for 9 months.

Pretty good stuff again!

Though if you have a bassist, I assume you have a band aswell? Would be cool to hear that alongside other instruments. I look forward to hearing more from you man!