My kids rock!!!

nafnikufesin

N.F.F.
Dec 6, 2001
In a Zone
amandababypics.tripod.com
Alright, I know most of you are probably sick of hearing about my kids, but what can I say, I'm a proud papa, so I had to share this:

Amanda, age 3 months, might be considered a colicky baby by some. She cries lots and can be difficult to console. But I throw in AC/DC's Family Jewels, bounce her on my knee to the guitar, and she settles instantly and stays happy with her eyes glued to Angus until the music stops. Tonight, she was lulled to sleep by Hells Bells.

Antonio, age 2 and a half, without any encouragement from his dad, goes nuts banging his head and playing air guitar any time I put on any hard rock or metal. Tonight, he was trying to sing along with the new COC album. Of course, for those that remember, he first kicked in the womb to "Back in Black"

I love my kids :headbang:

(Incidently, Antonio prefers John Bush :D )

That's awesome!

My daughter (3 1/2) went through the hall Easter morning singing "breakin' the law, breakin' the law" I rewarded Judas Priest by buying the box set. My little contribution to such a huge gift that they gave me.

While I do not have any kids (I got to grow up first), I caught my friends 5 year old daughter listening to my Edguy - The Hellfire Club cd that I had left over there and she was singing MYSTERIAAAA. cracked me up.

Since the divorce and the fact thathis mom raises him as a mormon, the only time Lil Greggerdef gets to bang his head is when he's with me. Currently he's all about Iced Earths Glorious Burden, or as he puts it, "The cool G.I. Joe music." And IOMMI. Particularly the song 'Time Is Mine'.

Thus proving he likes power and doom metal.:headbang:

nafnikufesin said:
Alright, I know most of you are probably sick of hearing about my kids, but what can I say, I'm a proud papa, so I had to share this:

Amanda, age 3 months, might be considered a colicky baby by some. She cries lots and can be difficult to console. But I throw in AC/DC's Family Jewels, bounce her on my knee to the guitar, and she settles instantly and stays happy with her eyes glued to Angus until the music stops. Tonight, she was lulled to sleep by Hells Bells.

Antonio, age 2 and a half, without any encouragement from his dad, goes nuts banging his head and playing air guitar any time I put on any hard rock or metal. Tonight, he was trying to sing along with the new COC album. Of course, for those that remember, he first kicked in the womb to "Back in Black"

I love my kids :headbang:

(Incidently, Antonio prefers John Bush :D )

man coming from a man who's wife is 8 months pregnant with a bun in the oven ( girl ) it makes me smile to hear of your experience . all i can add is that from the moment she is born ( beth amber maidre ) i will make sure that she doesn't listen to any " DOOF DOOF " shit and will teach her the ways of the greatest and hardest music of all . yes i am an unashamed fan of heavy metal as it has given me the biggest highs and brought me from the deepest lows . the best thing about heavy metal to me is that there were times in my life when i thought i was the only one going through certain situations and to know that i wasn't the only one helped me survive and realise that i am not the only one going through this shit and made me a stronger person .

all the best to ur family for the future :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

iron_maiden said:
man coming from a man who's wife is 8 months pregnant with a bun in the oven ( girl ) it makes me smile to hear of your experience . all i can add is that from the moment she is born ( beth amber maidre ) i will make sure that she doesn't listen to any " DOOF DOOF " shit and will teach her the ways of the greatest and hardest music of all . yes i am an unashamed fan of heavy metal as it has given me the biggest highs and brought me from the deepest lows . the best thing about heavy metal to me is that there were times in my life when i thought i was the only one going through certain situations and to know that i wasn't the only one helped me survive and realise that i am not the only one going through this shit and made me a stronger person .

all the best to ur family for the future :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Makes me think of a vow I made. If I ever had a girl I'd rather have her listen to Slayer, Anthrax, DRI etc, because it means so much. But all the shit that is marketed at kids and mainly young girls is the eye candy shit noise moans from Kylie Minogue, Britney and the like. (I am not a hardcore feminist, but do believe in equality. I forget anniversary and husbands birthday too. Oh, my early mothers day present - ticket to see Anthrax. Now that, is the way to a women's heart!!
We have an amazing 2.5 y/old boy Joel who loves heavy music and knows Dads drum kit very well. When I was pregnant our main aim was to get the studio built downstairs and have me hang out near the drum kit, much more important than setting up the nursery and going to a class to learn how to Zen meditate. You forget it all anyway at the crucial moment it actually feels like your passing a burning grapefruit! :OMG: Sorry dont want to turn this into an a pre birthing thread. But good luck to you and especially your wife, children are amazing!!
To nafnikufesin thanks for the original post, love to hear about your kids, and everyone else too.

My boys love "The Airplane" song. Its actually "Crush", but they call it the Airplane Song due to the exploding plane on the Volume 8 disc. Also there is a song on Living Colors new CD Collideascope that has lyrics that go something like "we've got, bombs and tanks, we've got missiles and planes, we've got plans and people and we do it in your name". They love that one too. Anybody recognize a theme here?

Their favorite though, is Infectious Grooves. The parts where Sarsippious has his problems singing/auditioning for the band. "This is Recalculus!!!" and "Its SARSIPPIOUS, you IGNORAMOS!!!" and "Oh Lord, that guy's UGLY". Iswear we have listened to that CD a hundred times.

I got some cool ass kids. And being able to see my four year old smash around on my mammoth drumset brings a tear to his dear old dad's eye.

thraxton hicks said:
Makes me think of a vow I made. If I ever had a girl I'd rather have her listen to Slayer, Anthrax, DRI etc, because it means so much. But all the shit that is marketed at kids and mainly young girls is the eye candy shit noise moans from Kylie Minogue, Britney and the like. (I am not a hardcore feminist, but do believe in equality. I forget anniversary and husbands birthday too. Oh, my early mothers day present - ticket to see Anthrax. Now that, is the way to a women's heart!!
We have an amazing 2.5 y/old boy Joel who loves heavy music and knows Dads drum kit very well. When I was pregnant our main aim was to get the studio built downstairs and have me hang out near the drum kit, much more important than setting up the nursery and going to a class to learn how to Zen meditate. You forget it all anyway at the crucial moment it actually feels like your passing a burning grapefruit! :OMG: Sorry dont want to turn this into an a pre birthing thread. But good luck to you and especially your wife, children are amazing!!
To nafnikufesin thanks for the original post, love to hear about your kids, and everyone else too.

will pass on the part about birth feeling like a burning grapefruit to my wife , while i find it funny i some how think that she will share my humor lol

iron_maiden said:
man coming from a man who's wife is 8 months pregnant with a bun in the oven ( girl ) it makes me smile to hear of your experience .
Enjoy...having a kid is truly amazing; you may think you know what love is, but that will change once you have a kid.

Just don't expect to get a good night's sleep for many years...hope you are caught up! :lol:

nafnikufesin said:
Enjoy...having a kid is truly amazing; you may think you know what love is, but that will change once you have a kid.

Just don't expect to get a good night's sleep for many years...hope you are caught up! :lol:

working on the sleep part as we speak thanks to copious amounts of cougar bourbon lmao :wave: :headbang:

Aint that the truth. Its the best--well expect for the lack of sleep part. I used to sleep like a log--not now :yell:

MikeyBong said:
I don't have kids, but my beagle seems to like Anthrax and Motorhead!

still trying to get my 2 dogs ( maltese schitzu / pomerainian schitzu ) to bang their heads to anthrax . been 5 years and still no luck . what am i doing wrong lmao ?. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

DeathsHead said:
Aint that the truth. Its the best--well expect for the lack of sleep part. I used to sleep like a log--not now :yell:

does that mean that i will end up looking like a zombie out of the dawn of the dead movie ?. and for how long ?.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53569
It's like Antonio has grown up in this forum :D[/QUOTE]

Ha ha,

Your the best mang,

Speaking from one father 2 another, I know the feeling. Still working with just one kid, which is more than enough 4 me. Yes your kids are the best, I really like the pic of your kids with their ACDC and Twisted Sister shirts on. My daughter Alivia was dancing 2 Faith No More the other day. She likes most of the AugDawg stuff as well!

A word 2 all the fathers and mothers on the board. Aren't we all blessed? I think so! :Spin:

AugDawg