My last mix (SD2, Randall rg50, Harley benton bass :p)

Hey man, I dig it; the guitars aren't my favorite in terms of how they sound, but they fit in the mix really well, so great job with that! But HOLY SHIT that kick is incredible, what sample is it? (and mind sharing? :D)

Thanks for your comments :)

The randall rg50 is a full tube amp, very cheap like the peavey valveking, i use a danelectro overdrive as a boost, and an harley benton 2*12 cab.
I don't like very much this guitar sound too, i wanted to experiment with an AKG C214 (and a sm57), but this mic don't do it for metal tone i think. I also used the tone (there are two slightly different tone on this amp) which is the most muddy, but i will reamp again with the other tone.

All the drum is from the expansion New York Studios, it is the ludwig kick i use.
The principal things to get this sound is a big hole between 200 and 500 hz, and a send to bus with ferox only on the high-mid and high freq ;) .

Anyway, here is a more aggressive mix, and i removed the AKG tracks for guitars :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2079137/Crea son1.mp3

It is a blend of the two kits of the New York Studios expansion, snare is from the HitFactory, and kick and tom are from the Allaire Kit.