My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

craft - total soul rape --->pretty bleak, in teh good way. looks like we have a potential winner :headbang:
dso - si mxnvmtmxcln rvqsmnes cvmplcmsps but only cuz me mums in town and she offered to pay for it at the shoppe :p

edit: too many smilies? :erk:

too many 'shoppe'

Sometimes it's worth it to scrounge around the used bins.

Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics ($5 used, essentially mint condition)
Graveland - Impaler's Wolves
Graveland - Will Stronger Than Death
Hate Forest - Purity
Jethro Tull - Aqualung LP (used)
Raven - Stay Hard LP (used)
Yes - Yessongs 3LP (used)

I was amazed to find the new Graveland for only $12 at Vintage Vinyl, they usually charge $18 for No Colours CDs.

craft - total soul rape --->pretty bleak, in teh good way. looks like we have a potential winner :headbang:
dso - si mxnvmtmxcln rvqsmnes cvmplcmsps but only cuz me mums in town and she offered to pay for it at the shoppe :p

edit: too many smilies? :erk:

whoa holy shit this turned out to be a key pickup! total soul rape is fucking badass, might be derivative but er, duh it's kvlt necro black metal (cough)...seriously tho, there's some choice riffage, bleak as fuck :kickass:

and i'm working my way through si momentum and a rogue brewery shakespeare stout, i think i'm starting to get what all the buzz is about! man...so evil...

Not exactly a purchase, but I just went out and stole some of these from my dad's LP collection that he doesn't listen to anymore (because he no longer has a player. I stole that too)

Doc & Merle Watson - Look Away! (LP)
Doc & Merle Watson - Two Days In November (LP)
Doc Watson - Doc And The Boys (LP)
Doc Watson - Memories (2LP)
Doc Watson Family - The Doc Watson Family (LP)
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass (3LP)
Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams (LP)
Strawbs - Hero & Heroine (LP) (I bought this on CD a year or two back, but he had an original? WTF)

Keen of the crow - Hyborea

are these guys any god. ive read its like morgion and neurosis combined, which should rule, but i dunno. plus, the album is about CONAN OF CIMMERIA!
stuff ive got lately

megadeth-youthanasia remaster
zyklon - world ov worms

As I got home from Deutschland I found the following records waiting for me:

Agalloch - Ashes against the Grain DLP (the orange version :danceboy: )
Arckanum - Trulen DLP
Aura Noir - Increased Damnation CD
Baptism - Evil Mysteries MLP
Deströyer 666 - Terror Abraxas LP
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation CD
Koldbrann/Faustcoven - split 7"
Mgla - Presence MLP

MajestikMøøse;6228357 said:
Strawbs - Bursting At The Seams (LP)
Strawbs - Hero & Heroine (LP) (I bought this on CD a year or two back, but he had an original? WTF)

WTF is Strawbs? I came across several of their LPs scrounging through the used bin today. What style of music do they play? Anyway, this is my tale for the day:

So I run in to Vintage Vinyl to pick up the Lunar Aurora album that I hid in the shelves that I neglected to buy the last two trips I took there, and then on a whim I decide to check out a bit more of the used vinyl section that I didn't see the last time. Some good stuff there, all between $2 and $4: very nice. And so as I'm walking back around the shelves, I see When The Kite String Pops staring at me from the used CD shelves, mint condition just like I found Paegan Terrorism Tactics on Saturday, only this is only $4 instead of a whopping $5. So I've managed to get both Acid Bath albums for $9, mint condition. Then I come home and I find my friend's Thrash Metal band's demo in the mail, Eliminator. In sum:

Acid Bath - When The Kite String Pops
Deep Purple - Perfect Strangers
Eliminator - ...Will Kill You
Emerson, Lake, & Palmer - Works Volume 1
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play
Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood
Jethro Tull - Stormwatch
Jethro Tull - The Broadsword And The Beast
Lunar Aurora - Ars Moriendi
Rush - 2112

yo guys and gals...check this out:

www.myspace.com/immunemusic

sounds a bit like Oceansize / PRR but completely their own thing going on. And yeah a friend of mine might be in the band but I thought it was worth telling you all about them..!!!

pce.
the peahead.
:headbang:

Megiddo - The Devil And The Whore
Morrigan - Enter The Sea Of Flames
Tearstained - Final Thoughts
Mortem - De Natura Daemonum
Mortem - The Devil Speaks In Tongues
Sabbat - A History of a Time to Come
Sabbat - Dreamweavers
Depressive Age - Lying in Wait
Cirith Ungol - One Foot in Hell