My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Eh, i think they're pretty damn good. I especially like the classical playing that pops up every now and then. The violin playing is ace too. the only thing that needs to be improved his the clean vocals. Putting them in the same boat as cradle is a bit off.. nor do they sound like pt in any way shape or form :lol:

New Wave of Australian Art Fag Black Metal.

"Look at us, we're open minded black metallers because we listen to Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree!"

There's a few of them in the same boat. Avoid at all costs.

That's the biggest load of trash I have ever read and you know it yourself. Name another band in the world doing exactly what Ne Obliviscaris does and better and with as much originality and skill.

And for the rest of you who are wondering, hear for yourselves:
myspace.com/neobliviscaris

O.K I'm checking out this Neo Ovariancyst band at the moment. Solid musicianship, if only they knew how to properly structure the music. Good God, there's so much going on. I don't mean subtlety where you pick up nuances that escaped your ear for months only to be discovered later in the right setting. What this band is offering is a heaping portion of meatloaf, topped with turkey, a side of ham, and 2 chicken legs to round out the dinner combo. Everything is right there for the consumption in all it's brazened glory. These teeny boppin black mambies need to learn to tone it down. This song tapestry is a step in the right direction, just take it 2 steps further and this band could become huge in the Australian scene. PT influences? I hear none. I do hear inspiration coming from the Opeth camp, even a little Extol. Cradle of Filth? Not even close.

O.K Violin kicked in, this here is superb. Hmmm I'm at a crossroads.

Edit- Listened to each song twice. Tapestry I'd give a 9/10 , serenity meets calamity to bring a grim Aussie out of his somnolent state of kvlthood and awaken him with bold strokes of a bow that hits the strings with the eloquence of a violin dancing on a bed of moss.

As for the other two tracks, easy listening pop metal that tries much too hard to capture the listener's attention. "Forget" is downright ghastly. There's a reason why this track was placed 2nd in a 3 song demo, it's not strong enough to set the tone of an album, nor is it qualified to close one out. Hell, it doesn't belong period. Expect them to tour with I.C.E sometime next fall.

That's the biggest load of trash I have ever read and you know it yourself. Name another band in the world doing exactly what Ne Obliviscaris does and better and with as much originality and skill.

And for the rest of you who are wondering, hear for yourselves:
myspace.com/neobliviscaris
:lol:

Sorry dude, seems I touched a nerve there. I'm probably exagerating because I'm so fucking sick of hearing about them. But seriously, them and Be'lakor or whatever the fuck they're called these days are a severely unfortunate stain upon whatever kind of metal they think they play. It's just nerd-prog-extreme-metal without purpose. I didn't compare them to either CoF or PT, either. IT'S JUST UNAUSTRALIAN, MATE.

Burzum - Aske
Burzum - Filosofem
Candlemass - Nightfall (2 Disc)
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger
Primordial - Storm Before Calm
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Thou Shalt Suffer - Into the Woods of Belial
Bathory- Blood Fire Death
Deathspell Omega - Fas - Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum
Deathspell Omega -Kenose (digi)

EDIT: The Primordial's are $5 at Candlelight records!

It takes time! Two years of lurking and understanding death metal, and then eventually going into black metal. You're just a big fucking jerk! :mad:

You never have money :erk:

I got $250 worth of tickets for driving in a reserved lane (for buses)/failure to present insurance & ownership today. My parents are dumb, and do not know how to put the proper documentation in their cars even after I tell them repeatedly.

That's because I spend it as soon as I get it, and I've bought like 30 things already this month. :erk:

I think I have about 85-90 LPs, one 10", and like 25-30 7"s.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mentioned that I officially liquidated some of my father's old LPs (many of which are in pretty shit condition), such as:

Accept - Accept
Blue Oyster Cult - Extra Terrestrial Live
Cream - Wheels Of Fire
Deep Purple - Burn
Iron Maiden - Maiden Japan
Iron Maiden - Running Free
Iron Maiden - Aces High
Judas Priest - Stained Class
Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
Judas Priest - Britich Steel
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
Judas Priest - Electric Eye
WASP - School Daze
WASP - Blind In Texas

Plus some Twisted Sister and Led Zeppelin (II, III, IV, Presence, In Through The Out Door, maybe others).

my fucking turntable finally arrived in the mail!!! fuck i'm stoked, been listening to vinyl all afternoon...new leviathan is pretty good i can finally say now that i had the ability to listen to it :p

got a $50 gift certificate to a kickass record store burning a hole in my pocket now!! :kickass: