My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

no wonder they closed the station

thats hilarious

until you realise i spent $10 on this and if i resold it all on ebay i would make somewhere along the lines of $300-600

so suck it

edit: also, this song

if there was a station that played nothing but this song all day every day, it would by far be my favourite radio station in the world (which admittedly isnt saying much)

Last edited by a moderator:
i take fish oil (Ω3), lots of d3 vitamin, silica (for my garbage hair) and that's it

though i am considering magnesium supplements

I use fish oil, D3, taurine, and whey/casein.

I tried the Zinc/Magnesium/Calcium combo and had dreams that made feel like I was living a Portal album. Your results may vary.

I tried the Zinc/Magnesium/Calcium combo and had dreams that made feel like I was living a Portal album. Your results may vary.
lol

i dont think, if you eat well, you will generally have a zinc or calcium deficiency

there is actually some research to the effect that too much calcium may be harmful and also:

Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, loss of appetite, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, loss of muscle coordination, alcohol intolerance, increased sweating, hallucinations, reduced levels of high-density lipoproteins and weakened immune function can occur with zinc overdoses. Zinc interferes with iron and copper absorption, so high levels of zinc can cause low levels of copper and iron and lead to anemia.
so maybe that was whats up

magnesium supplements, on the other hand, are maybe useful. the main dietary source for me would be dark leaf vegetables and admittedly i'm not great at getting enough of those. and apparently magnesium deficiency can manifest as fatigue, anxiety & stress, all of which are pretty familiar to me (as to many others i'm sure) so i figure it probably can't hurt to try

why the fuck are you taking fish oil?

generally healthy peoples have an omega 6/3 ratio of close to 1:1 or at least 2:1. this is what a historically sound, health-promoting diet looks like.

in northern europe the average is 15:1, in america about 17:1 or worse if i recall correctly, both of which are just beyond abysmal. this encourages all sorts of really, really nasty health problems

i do not use any vegetable oils except olive oil, eat fatty fish and organic/grassfed beef a few times a week yet i still feel like i should probably take fish oil to compensate

so you see buddy, the question is why the fuck are you NOT taking fish oil

Erik, def try supplementing your diet with magnesium. Most people are actually deficient in Magnesium; an extremely beneficial mineral which is the 4th most abundant in the human body and accounts for around 300 biochemical reactions in the body if memory serves me correctly. It's effective at the cellular level, bones, and even has psychological benefits. Consider Magnesium Malate as it's used a lot for "fibromyalgia" and other pain/fatigue syndromes; probably due to the malic acid. I don't think it has as much of a laxative effect as Magnesium Citrate. Just stay away from the Magnesium Oxide garbage.

Erik, def try supplementing your diet with magnesium. Most people are actually deficient in Magnesium; and extremely beneficial mineral which is the 4th most abundant in the human body and accounts for around 300 biochemical reactions in the body if memory serves me correctly. It's effective at the cellular level, bones, and even has psychological benefits. Consider Magnesium Malate as it's used a lot for "fibromyalgia" and other pain/fatigue syndromes; probably due to the malic acid. I don't think it has as much of a laxative effect as Magnesium Citrate. Just stay away from the Magnesium Oxide garbage.

okay cool, thanks bud.

yeah that's what i read too, to stay away from the m-oxide and m-dioxide supplements since they have very low bioavailability. i'm going to look for the better ones, definitely

Hmm, I'll look in to Magnesium myself. But at this point this shit is getting expensive. It's almost not even worth living healthy.

Add ephedrine, fish oil, Cellucor R3, other multi vitamin bullshit, on top of food costs, and it makes gas seem inexpensive by comparison. Ugh

@Swizz, get on the fish oil. The health benefits are noticeable.

Funny how there is actually a prescription pill made from fish oil omega 3's for triglyceride problems. I know the FDA is stupid and having a script for something easily obtained OTC is stupid too but c'maaaaaan.

lol^

also, these studies singling out fish oil/omega 3's like it's a miracle/wonder. It's a lot more complicated than that. You can't just take fish oil and continue eating highly processed foods and highly process vegetable oils and expect to be all good. wtf?