My Latest Purchases Thread Mk. III

Sweet shirt designed by my coworker. Yeehaw.

DSC00435a_zps494ef43d.jpg

$180 at best buy
Seemed a little pricey still
My last one broke so I've had all these games and controllers sitting in the attic and it seemed like such a waste going with a One or a PS4
One does not have backwards compatibility. So back to the 360 I went. I am actually more interested in playing original xbox games than I am in anything to be released for the new gen

That said, I found my disc for the 2002 release of *Return to Castle Wolfenstein* and have been playing it on my laptop. I've barely touched the 360 :lol:

$180 at best buy
Seemed a little pricey still
My last one broke so I've had all these games and controllers sitting in the attic and it seemed like such a waste going with a One or a PS4
One does not have backwards compatibility. So back to the 360 I went. I am actually more interested in playing original xbox games than I am in anything to be released for the new gen

Yes, in an epically shitty move neither the PS4 or XBox 1 have backwards compatibility. I swear at this point I won't buy another PS4 game for another year.

I figured backwards compatibility was so obvious that I didn't even research it until a couple days before I was planning on heading out to pick up a 1.
Then I realized it was something I might want to verify before dropping $500 on something.
Sure enough.

Wtf? I understand it's an entirely different architecture but they couldn't build some software into it?

there is not NEARLY enough power to emulate the 360 or ps3 with the chips that are in the bone/ps4

can't be done

There's the upcoming PS Now service which will be a solution of sorts to backwards compatibility. Though you have to pay for it and it's probably going to be pretty limited in terms of selection.

Anyfuckwho,

Dead Congregation - Promulgation of the Fall
Garden of Worm - s/t

Microsoft gets the last laugh - playing my old xbox games on my 360 requires the purchase of a hard drive to the tune of $125
Wtf?
I am retarded.
Shoulda just bought the One.

CAPILLA ARDIENTE - Bravery, Truth, and the Endless Darkness
MIDNIGHT - No Mercy for Mayhem
HIC IACET shirt