My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreamlord said:
hahaha, it pretty good actually. Seigneur Voland might be worth a further look.

found this for $6

A Canorous Quintet - Silence of the World Beyond

I had heard these guys kinda thrown in with the Gothenburg sound, but oh, they are much more. This is more akin to early At the Gates and early Dawn (which I love). None of that happy gay shit that Soilwork and In Flames fling around. I not blown away, but for $6, I can't complain.
It's OK. but not all songs are as good as "The Orchid's Sleep" and the title track.

Erik said:
Arckanum "Kampen" CD

$15.50 Buy it Now including US shipping (seller won't ship to Europe so Jay kindly let me relay to him) from eBay. A hell of a deal considering it's a quite OOP and rare album.

indeed :erk: i really need to make some american friends hehe

Used haul yesterday:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul To Squeeze
Coverdale/Page - s/t
Kansas - Two For The Show
Sepultura - Under A Pale Grey Sky
Black Sabbath - Past Lives
Black Sabbath - Eternal Idol
CD Island $41.27

Black Winter Day said:
CONVERGE - Jane Doe (god DAMN this is pure fucking ownage... one of the best extreme metal cds i've EVER bought; this fucker is relentless)
I still remember poppin' that puppy into my CD player. At first it sounded like a wall of noise. It's gotta be one of the best CDs in my collection. Definately one of my top 5 favorite CDs of all time. It took a while for me to get into though. I don't remember being quite as thrilled about it whenI bought it. It got some shelf time and then I busted it back out and I remember being like: :OMG: how did I not know this ruled?

Swarm of the Lotus - "When White Becomes Black"
Summoning - "Stronghold"
Botch - "We Are The Romans"

appleXcore said:
Swarm of the Lotus - "When White Becomes Black"
Summoning - "Stronghold"
Botch - "We Are The Romans"
Let me know what you think about Swarm of the Lotus. Did you read my interview with them on the front page of UM?

That Botch album is the bee's knees!

I've been thinking about buying that Summoning album. It is like $8 brand new at one of the CD stores around here. It's been sitting there for at least 9 months.

Actually, I've been coming to UM for a while and your interview on the front page is what got me intrigued in Swarm of the Lotus. I only just started posting recently. All I've gotta say about Swarm of the Lotus say so far is OHMYGODHOLYSHITFUCKINGHELL. I've only given it two spins so far. I don't want to comment until I fully digest this beast. I can tell you that it's going to be positive, though. Very positive.

That Botch album definately rapes. But in a good way.

I haven't listened to Summoning yet.

Black Winter Day said:
KING CRIMSON - In the Court of the Crimson King (and so my KC collection begins... i've decided to go through them chronologically if possible... i've heard all 5 songs on this album 500 times, but for some reason have not bought it until now. had to happen sometime...)
Cool, have fun. I ended up buying nearly their whole studio collection within 3 months of purchasing my first KC. :Spin:

npearce said:
I've been thinking about buying that Summoning album. It is like $8 brand new at one of the CD stores around here. It's been sitting there for at least 9 months.
Summoning is the cat's ass. They fucking rule. Get Minas Morgul, NOW!

Botch is easily one of my fave -core bands.

NicodemiX said:
today: "True Kings of Norway" Compilation... found it used for a good price and I wanted the Arcturus EP on it.
Bleh, I reckon the Arcturus EP is the worst thing on it. The Immortal one is pure genius.

Amon Amarth - vs the world viking edition
Eucharist - Mirrorworlds WAR Music pressing

both 18 bucks in total from used section in great condition!

Status
Not open for further replies.