My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of them. Looked into them a bit already, but if they make me want to mung then maybe I don't want to hear them.

I've always thought of Hawkwind as a spacey proggish rock band. Am I wrong?

The Amorphis cover of one of their songs on the My Kantele EP is good, though.

Holy shit!! For the first time since I've been a member of UM, Dreamlord has changed his avatar!!!! Sorry, if I'm late to realize...

Anyhow, it's been so damn long since I've posted on this thread, not even sure which page....

So, here's a list of some of my latest acquirements..... not counting the cd-r of the mighty, new Death Angel.. :Smug: oh, and not all were purchases.

Exodus- Tempo Of The Damned
Khold- Morke Gravers Kammer
Vehemence- Helping The World To See
Disincarnate- Dreams Of The Carrion Kind (Remastered)- Totally fucking awesome!!!!! Just goes to show that somebody at Roadrunner still cares about the back catalog! Go buy a copy of this long out of print classic and help James Murphy with his medical bills!!

Disillusion- Back To Times Of Splendor
Fragments Of Unbecoming- Skywards: A Sylphe's Ascension
Grip Inc.- Incorporated
Cannibal Corpse- The Wretched Spawn

Papa Josh said:
Holy shit!! For the first time since I've been a member of UM, Dreamlord has changed his avatar!!!! Sorry, if I'm late to realize...
Actually, you're the first person to realize. However, it's only been changed for about 3 hours, haha.

Yeah, after using the ol' Pazuzu cover for almost two years, I felt it was time to change it.

And what's wrong with James Murphy?

Dreamlord said:
And what's wrong with James Murphy?

Dude, where have you been?? He had a huge tumor beneath his brain, orginating in his pituitary gland that damn near killed him. They've removed 70%, but he will have to take medication for the remaining 30% for the rest of his life. It's called a pituitary macro-adenoma.

www.msanthrope.com/jamesmurphy

I've been waiting for a new Grip Inc. for ages, didn't realize it was even in the works let alone already released! :D

Papa Josh said:
Disincarnate- Dreams Of The Carrion Kind (Remastered)- Totally fucking awesome!!!!! Just goes to show that somebody at Roadrunner still cares about the back catalog! Go buy a copy of this long out of print classic and help James Murphy with his medical bills!!
yup... i bought this re-release when it came out. total fucking greatness... maybe one of my top 10 death metal albums. murphy is the fuckin man... did you ever see the interview/super-balls award he got at metal sludge?

and yes, dreamlord, hawkwind are proggy and spacey but their catalogue is so vast that they touch on about 20 different genres thoughout their careers.

Dreamlord said:
hahaha, it pretty good actually. Seigneur Voland might be worth a further look.
Aye. I got two songs (I think) of theirs on a split with Chemin De Haine. Good stuff.

Iron Maiden - Dance Of Death EP

Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
Iron & Wine - The Creek Drank the Cradle
The Twilight Singers - Blackberry Belle
Gordian Knot - Emergent

So I guess I've got a soft spot for indie rock/folkish..stuff.

Scald - Headworm
. . . and some more Scald demos. I think Dreamy already gave them to me, but now I have the covers. I also got some other stuff from the band. Why??? Because they sent it to me so I can do a review and feature on them at UM. That's why.

Black Winter Day said:
recieved a couple cds today from some place called "teh woodlands" :)
that's The Woodlands. We ave to include "The". SOmething about all the rich folks down here thinking it sounds more distinguished.

Hope you enjoy 'em. If you like the self-titled a lot, definitely check into Iron Monkey and Eyehategod.

npearce said:
Scald - Headworm
. . . and some more Scald demos. I think Dreamy already gave them to me, but now I have the covers. I also got some other stuff from the band. Why??? Because they sent it to me so I can do a review and feature on them at UM. That's why.
Woah! WTF? You have to let me know your thoughts, or I guess I can wait for the review.

The Scald guys fucking rock man. THey are really cool, and willing to give free shit to their fans. Now that's INTEGRITY! :tickled:

Dreamlord said:
Woah! WTF? You have to let me know your thoughts, or I guess I can wait for the review.

The Scald guys fucking rock man. THey are really cool, and willing to give free shit to their fans. Now that's INTEGRITY! :tickled:
I'll hold off most of my thoughts until the review, but I had a chance to listen to Headworm whilst lifting weights and watching freshly tanned college girls bounce various body parts while jogging on the treadmill and so on.

I honestly think every single person on this forum would enjoy Scald. Go for Headworm, though. The demos have a very "tiny" production. Excellent artwork as well.

Yeah, Headworm is different from the demos. And you're right, judging from the way most in this forum like the arty, avant garde and proggy bands, many would like Scald. Some would have a problem with the vocals, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.