My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daylight Dies album is most excellent. It's rare that bands can be all technical and complex and still retain a melancholy atmosphere but that album does it. It also has this completely amazing guitar tone. It's all brutal-as-fuck to no end but upon further inspection it works very well for leads and isn't as overly distorted as it leads you to believe... Strange. I love the production on that album.

you know that they are from where i live, right? in fact, this picture
ddnewvocalist.jpg
was taken not 50 feet from my buliding.

No, I didn't know, hey guess what? Nasheim is from where I live, I heard the guy who wrote the music for the demo lives like less than 50 feet from me

I'm 50/50 on Daylight Dies. I thought the EP was pretty good basic Brave Murder Day worship.

No Reply just reminds me of a slowed down melo-death band. Just couldn't get into it.

this is my first time posting my current buys...

lessee....

eyes of fire - ashes of ember...
place of skulls - with vision
edguy - hellfire club
evergrey - the dark discovery
strapping young lad - tour ep

evil c.

BloodStainedWalls said:
Manes - Vilosophe
I listened to this today for the first time in months, still frickin' incredible. Anxiously awaiting the followup, whenever it's going to happen.

latest fan boy purchase:

fanboy.JPG

(seems there's something wrong with my somewhat ancient cassette deck though, the volume keeps going up and down and i assume that's not the way it's supposed to sound hehe)

Actually the volume does fluctuate slightly, especially on the first track, on all tapes as far as I know. Tapes are quite unpredictable. It shouldn't be too much of a problem, I find it completely listenable and hope it sounds alright for you as well... Guess a bad tape deck will make matters worse though; let me know if you want MP3's or anything.

Just made the biggest purchase I've made in some time:

$497 to the IRS. :Smug:

But I do get $321 back from the state, so I'm not really going to complain. Much. :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.