Meshuggah - Chaosphere
King Crimson - The Power to Believe
The Mars Volta - Tremulant
Virgin Black - Sombre Romantic
Death - Human
Yes - Fragile
Isis - Oceanic
Genesis - Selling England By the Pound

I was in a retail store in the city yesterday. Got some stuff for decent prices.

Fantomas - Delerium Cordia (very interesting. Kind of reminds of Ulver - Perdition City )
Dimmu Borgir - For All Tid (decent, but nothing spectacular)
My Dying Bride - Voice of The Wretched (woot)
In The Woods... - Strange in Stereo (the pick of the haul)

NicodemiX said:
Fantomas - Delerium Cordia (very interesting. Kind of reminds of Ulver - Perdition City )
In a getting gang-raped in a dark alley kind of way, yes.

Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God

Bought too many CDs recently, no more until July. Buy-bye most popular thread! :wave:

it differs in that GYBE is strictly instrumental; none of Toby's growls or howls or whispering. terms I've seen used to describe both are "symphonic" and "chamber music", this CD has five tracks, with two over 20 minutes. lush quiet segments lead to swelling crescendos of instrumentation.

perhaps not for everyday listening, or for every circumstance, but as BWD points out, at times exactly what is needed.

Latest purchases:

Moonsorrow - Suden Uni (Remastered & Rewrapped, with bonus song and DVD)
Keep Of Kalessin - Reclaim

Both are really great, but I especially recommend the Keep Of Kalessin MCD. Brilliant black metal.

Daylight Dies own all of your mothers. Cool guys to. I think I may join the band. :D :D

PETER GABRIEL - So
PETER GABRIEL - 2
NEUROSIS - Times of Grace

Times of Grace is fantastic. I didn't (and still don't) get what they were trying to do on A Sun that Never Sets, but this is fucking spectacular (and I've only listened to half of it). A true winner, pure and simple.

Black Winter Day said:
Times of Grace is fantastic. I didn't (and still don't) get what they were trying to do on A Sun that Never Sets, but this is fucking spectacular (and I've only listened to half of it). A true winner, pure and simple.
I told all you mofos. Don't feel bad, I don't "get" ASTNS either. Now get Through Silver in Blood and Souls at Zero

NAD likes TSIB. It is more "tribal" as far as drums go. It is just as crushing as ToG. If you like one, you'll like the other.

Souls at Zero is quite excellent, and I believe jimbob loves that one. I suck at descriptions. It is pretty damn hard, but not as brutal as ToG or TSIB. More trance-like. Nothing like ASTNS though.

Enemy of the SUn is often overlooked, simply because it is the lesser of their discrography. But is does have the awesome title track and the classic Raze the Stray. If you see it cheap, go for it.

Don't bother with the Sovereign EP if you don't like ASTNS.

Status
Not open for further replies.