My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always told Summer (the fiance) that if I were a baseball player, I'd use the first 20 seconds of "The Last You'll Know" as my intro theme. Most.Crushing.Riff.Ever.

Seems I need Times of Grace and Souls at Zero. I'm still wrapping my head around Through Silver in Blood (particularly the last few tracks), but I certainly love it. I remember seeing that in lots of year end top 10 lists when it came out, now I finally know why.

Uncreation's Dawn - Deathmarch Over god's Kingdom CD (nh-028)
This was something I had not heard before, but since it was praised in some places I though I would buy it anyway. This was just released as a vinyl, but the cd-version is sold out these days. What can I say, rocking black metal? Anyway, it contains 9 songs, 3 new ones and rest is their demo #1 and #2.

Yeah, Souls At Zero is my favorite probably. Times of Grace is close, though. I also really like the Neurosis & Jarboe disc I got recently, especially the opener, which is the creepiest damn song I've ever heard. "If God wants to take me, he will (he's comin)" - damn those are disturbing lyrics and Jarboe sounds like the prophet chick from Poltergeist 2 on that track (sort of, at least).

I dig A Sun That Never Sets, but I think most of the others are better overall. Enemy of the Sun is definitely a weak point in the discography for me, but I haven't heard Pain of Mind.

Is the Dark Tranqillity worth owning if you already have all the full-lengths and EPs?

Likewise for Brave Yester Years?

Brave Yester Days has one (1) unreleased track (a good one though) so fuck that if you have the EP's. I'm a fanboy though so I got it.

Exsposures is much better. Yeah I have the original demo and 7" (they're in good quality on the CD) and the DVD (second CD is audio version of live DVD) but there's like five or six totally unreleased tracks and Japan shit so I'd say YES get it if you like DT. It's mostly newer stuff but I worship Projector so I'm happy because there's one unreleased track from there "No-one" and some other oddities.

Yeah mine too! Got it last night and finally worked them out without tearing the box. Didn't put them back in, probably won't. :loco:

Glad I didn't buy that one then.
Got my obscyre prod. order today:

Pest - Dauðafærð (top 5 album/ep of the year)
Deathspell omega - Si monvmentvm reqvires, circvmspice (top 5 album of the year)
Angantyr - Kampen fortsätter
Watain - From the pulpits of abomination TS

Dark Tranquillity - Exposures
Anthrax - Music of mass destruction cd+dvd

I'm gonna buy that Taake split when I get paid next time.

NAD said:
Yeah mine too! Got it last night and finally worked them out without tearing the box. Didn't put them back in, probably won't. :loco:

i sent a mail to them whining about it, they haven't answered yet and i guess they wont. i'm not sure what will come out of it though, i guess i just felt like complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.