My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOATFUCKINGDAMN U.S. postal service hasnt sent me anything. I think everyone in the known universe has already received their NB boxset except me. Moribund owes me a fucking package, as does red stream, evil music, and blackmetal DVDs. BLEARGH.

Behemoth - HIstorica 5LP boxset
This is excellent stuff before they got more death oriented and great coverart here!

Fog - From Within The Darkness Beyond Eternity 7"
I really liked them, must check them out for more!
Horna/ Ouroboros - Tästä Alkavat Minun Vuoteni / Live Invocation 7"
Basic Horna, sounds good. Havenät even check the b-side yet!

Ordered from Best Buy* last night, I'll let you know what I think when it comes in.

*I fucking hate Best Buy, but they sent me a refund for $0.37 (w00t! :Smug: ) and a $5 gift certificate for some order they overcharged me on. Don't know what the hell it was, but had to have been years ago because a) I haven't shopped there in a long time, and b) the refund showed up at my parent's house, and I haven't lived there for about 3 years now. I had to qualify all that because I've gone on record numerous times about how much I hate fucking Best Buy. :loco:

Opeth17 said:
I'm rather enjoying "Alvefard" at the moment. I haven't got around to listening to the other two much yet because of it. It's a damn fun album. :lol:

fun? that album is awesome, almost as good as their demos. but i think you're missing a lot of it not beeing able to understand swedish :p

got a few things used:

Faith No More - Songs to Make Love To
Sodom - Persecution Mania
Ophthalamia - Via Dolorosa
Slo Burn - Amusing the Amazing

Black Winter Day said:
KING CRIMSON - Thrak
Don't get your hopes up like I did, the double-trio concept made me poo myself, but then when I got the album I was severely disappointed. Funny how this material works GREAT live, but on disc it's kinda blah.

Opeth17 said:
Probably, but its excellent anyway. Maybe I'll learn swedish one of these days and finally know what the hell is going on in all these albums I own. :lol:

hehe you do that :)
we're in a good position here in scandinavia from a linguistic perspective since most metal is in swedish, norweigan or english, a lot of music would be a lot less apealing to me if i couldn't understand the lyrics

Meh, I've been listening to lots of stuff in Romanian, Ukrainan, Russian (isn't Ukrainan just a dialect of Russian anyway...?) and Polish lately and it doesn't really bother me. I do like when English translations are available but I'm aware that they're hardly ever more than a shadow of the original text.

Status
Not open for further replies.