My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really feel like watching them any more right now, but these came in today:
Darkthrone- Live 2 DVD Set
Judas Iscariot- Live in Texas: 12/1/01
Watain- Live in Germany- 2002

I think someone was interested in the Watain DVD. It is good quality. Semi- professional with 3 or 4 different cameras shooting the concert. I can hear all the instuments fine. Sometime the video quality becomes slightly distorted. Not much though. Great buy. I havent watched it all but so far ive Heard "My Fists are Him" "Rabid Death Curse" "Ablaze in the Northern Sky" (Darkthrone cover). Thats all for now.

New stuff,

Deathspell Omega - Inquisitors Of Satan
The Black - The Priest Of Satan (LP)
Katatonia - Brave Yester Days
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath
Amsvartner - The Trollish Mirror
Tenebrosus - The Fall Of Worthless Morals

Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic CD
Finally it arrived from Romania and sounds good although I like Zirnindu-sa LP more.

Horna - Hiidentorni LP
And also found a new and normal priced copy of this sold out vinyl, lucky me.

Just got back from my latest haul. First in a good 3 weeks might I add:

Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt
Rabies Caste - Let The Soul Out And Cut The Vein
Solstice - Lamentations
Kyuss - ...And The Circus Leaves Town
A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner of Our Rooms
Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
Godspeed You Black Emperor - F#A#Infinity
Solitude Aeternus - Adagio

Kickass :kickass:

BloodStainedWalls said:
Solstice - Lamentations
Do you have New Dark Age? You can almost hear where John Cobbet from Hammers of Misfortune was inspired in his guitar tones/vibrato/sense of harmony, etc.

The major problem I have with Solstice is their vocals. That's no Mike Scalzi...

JayKeeley said:
Do you have New Dark Age? You can almost hear where John Cobbet from Hammers of Misfortune was inspired in his guitar tones/vibrato/sense of harmony, etc.

The major problem I have with Solstice is their vocals. That's no Mike Scalzi...

Ya man. I already like Lamentations better I think. It seems a lot more melancholy than New Dark Age, although New Dark Age steps it up a notch in the instrumentation and song-writing category. I guess I'm still undecided, lol.

About the vox, they are indeed a bit flat but there are A LOT worse out there.

Agares - Humans Of Freedom and Live In Kabata demos

Melna Picktdiena - compilation of Latvian Metal bands

yay, don'tcha love it when a bands entire discography arrives:

Lord Wind - Forgotten Songs
Lord Wind - Heralds of Fight
Lord Wind - Rites of the Valkyries

Heralds of Fight is pretty much along the same lines as RotV. Forgotten Songs is quite different, with more vocals and guitars.

I tried Lord Wind's stuff a few years ago, and it did nothing for me, but my tastes have since slowed down and gotten more mid-paced and epic, and I'm enjoying FOrgotten SOngs very muchly.

M.Lehto said:

Horna - Hiidentorni LP
And also found a new and normal priced copy of this sold out vinyl, lucky me.

where did you get that? i'm pretty interested in that band after hearing their song on the split with woods of infinity and one from a blut und eisen sampler. are they using two vocalists on that one?

spaffe said:
where did you get that? i'm pretty interested in that band after hearing their song on the split with woods of infinity and one from a blut und eisen sampler. are they using two vocalists on that one?
I actually spotted it from one finnish distro list, I have no idea where he had get it since it was new and I payed 20€ of it, so it was a great find since those have been sold on ebay pretty high. Too bad it's not on the list anymore, so I have no idea where to get it. The vocalist on Hiidentorni is Nazgul aka Satanic Tyrant Werwolf (Satanic Warmaster). I've collected most of Horna 7" and like them very much and I also ordered Viha & Viikate 10", that I already have on cd, it might be the best Horna release so far.

And some adds to the topic:

Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic CD
At last this arrived from Romania, great album, although I still like Zirnindu-sa LP most.
Enslaved - Eld CD
Got this from a trade an like it, maybe it's not the best Enslaved-album, but still very good album.
Uncreation's Dawn - Uncelestial 7"
Haven't listen it yet
Baptism/Uncreation's Dawn - split 7"
Sound good, although I've listen it only once so far

Just placed my order at Moribund:

Nortt - Graven
Leviathan - Tentacles of Whorror

I am super excited about this purchase because Nortt is the greatest black/funeral doom band of all time and I had no fucking clue that Leviathan was coming out with a new release this week. HOLY SHIT I'M PUMPED! :kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.