My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
En Vind Av Sorg said:
...THATS OUT!?!?! Does that mean the new Xasthur is out now too??!?
The official release date is 6/15 I think but Moribund has it in stock already.

I just checked Moribund and they have the new Xasthur in stock too! The cover is pretty cool. Shit, I didnt even notice that last night. I guess I gotta place another order with them. :worship:

Solefald - Neonism (damn sometimes I spend hours to find a single cd )
Summoning - Minas Morgul

Should I try Isis' EP ? (notice I prefer Oceanic over Celestial which is good but not great so far) , I hate uninteresting EPs more than anything.
Also , how's Disbelief's Shine , I have Worst Enemy and spreading the rage . Like both , the latter being better constructed but with less 'Neurosis' in it. Is it as intense and middle-paced ?

Yea I posted that last night then I remembered Moribund was releasing it so I rushed over to the site and purchased:

456780654 Copies of Xasthur's "Telepathic with the Desceased"
Leviathan "Tentacles of Horror"

Tell me they are better than the mp3's on their website which I didn't find mesmerizing . I read many reviews pointing they were 'post grind' and I'm intrigued .

Headworm is somewhat different from the three demos, from which you heard.

Yeah, post grind is a good description. Or 'prog grind' might work. I mean 'prog' as in the truest sense of the word, not the gay genre.

All I can say is give it A LOT of time to grow on you.

J. said:
Headworm is somewhat different from the three demos, from which you heard.
Good, because on first listen, Nematoid didn't impress me too much. Usually not liking something on the first listen is a good sign for me though, for whatever reason.

Fine . Anyway , I usually put on heavy rotation cd's I buy and don't like which , I hope won't be the case .

Also , I saw NAD reviewed Funeris Nocturnum . I like this , but is there any band in their vein (modern black/death/thrash + some parcimonious but well introduced keys) playing more prog & a little rawer (or not) with longer songs . I'll admit it's a tough quest .

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Fine . Anyway , I usually put on heavy rotation cd's I buy and don't like which , I hope won't be the case .
This is a good practice to get into, usually with crummy promos I do this, but if I buy an album that sucks I usually get pissed at it and throw it in the corner. :D

Also , I saw NAD reviewed Funeris Nocturnum . I like this , but is there any band in their vein (modern black/death/thrash + some parcimonious but well introduced keys) playing more prog & a little rawer (or not) with longer songs . I'll admit it's a tough quest .
Stuff like Thee Maldoror Kollective and Aborym maybe, those are more like industrial black metal though. Maybe The Black Dahlia Murder? I don't care for them much, but they are kinda simliar to Funeris Nocturnum.

EDIT: I just noticed I gave Black Dahlia Murder a 7/10 and Funeris Nocturnum a 6/10. BDM is more like a 4/10, I was nicer when I first started writing for Royal Carnage. :loco:

picked this up used for pretty cheap. thought I'd give it a shot:

Katatonia - Viva Emptiness

I also saw Sacred Reich's "Surf Nicaragua" (sp?) for very cheap

THR:
(cut&paste, im lazy)

TEMNOZOR (RUS) - HORIZONS, CD, 13euro/120sek
HELHEIM (NOR) - AV NORRøN ÆTT, CD, 13euro/14$/120sek
SWORDMASTER (SWE) - WRATHS OF TIME, MCD, 7euro/60sek
MISTIGO VARGGOTH DARKESTRA (UKR) - INSATIABLE MOON, TAPE, 5euro/40sek
MISTIGO VARGGOTH DARKESTRA (UKR) - MIDNIGHT..., TAPE, 5euro/40sek
FUNERAL (FRA) - BLACK FLAME OF UNHOLY HATE, TAPE, 5euro/40sek
ONDSKAPT (SWE) - DRACO SIT MIHI DUX, SHIRT, 15euro/140sek