My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vocals really stand out on that album, both growled and clean. Dan Swano's growl is incredibly cool.

EDIT: I thought I'd also mention this. I got a free demo with an order from a band called Archaeus or something like that. Haven't listened to it yet, but it's listed on Metal Archives as "Brutal Black Metal" so I'm intrigued. Anyone heard 'em?

Never been a fan of Swanö's growl, but his clean vocals are incredible.

I guess I should mention the Bill Cosby / Quincy Jones 4-track sampler I picked up yesterday then. :loco:

Doom said:
In The Woods... - Epitath 7"
- I'm going after the other two now. I am supposed to have the "White Rabbit" 7" on the way, but I have a worrying feeling it isn't coming...damn gemm.com sellers.
Someone else beside me is also collecting these. I have Epitaph 7", White Rabbit 7", HEart of the Ages DLP and Omnio DLP, but Let There be More Light 7" is nowhere to be found. I must get that, since those are the only ITW-stuff on vinyl. :p

M.Lehto said:
Someone else beside me is also collecting these. I have Epitaph 7", White Rabbit 7", HEart of the Ages DLP and Omnio DLP, but Let There be More Light 7" is nowhere to be found. I must get that, since those are the only ITW-stuff on vinyl. :p
Hehe, at the moment I'm trying to get all vinyl from my very favourite bands (Empyrium, ITW...I wish Agalloch would release their full-lengths on vinyl). At the moment you're doing a lot better than I am :p

I still don't have the White Rabbit 7". I e-mailed the seller but he hasn't got back to me :err:, and I do think the "Let There be More Light" 7" might be more limited as I've only ever seen that once, and that was on e-bay.de, but the seller didn't accept PayPal or cash, which wasn't very helpful! I saw the HotA DLP a while back but it went for more than I was willing to accept.

There are some bands for me too, that I slowly collect in vinyl. These are the bands and what I've got so far.

Horna
Horna/Desolation Triumphalis split 7” (ltd 500)
Horna/Ouroborous split 7” (ltd to undisclosed amount)
Horna/Woods Of Infinity split 7” (ltd 666)
Horna: Risti & Ruoska 7” (ltd 165/666)
Horna: Talismaani pic 7” (ltd 666)
Horna: Viha & Viikate 10” (ltd 269/400, gatefold)
Horna: Hiidentorni (ltd 143/350, gatefold)
Horna: Sudentaival (ltd 350)

I'm still missing a load of those, should be getting few rare and older items within few days.

In The Woods
In The Woods - HEart of the Ages DLP (gatefold with booklet)
In The Woods - White Rabbit 7"
In The Woods - Omnio DLP (gatefold, b-side of the 2nd album has picture on it)
In The Woods - Epitaph 7"

Let There Be More Light is still missing, rest of ITW-releases are not available on vinyl.

Ulver
Ulver - Trilogie Boxset (3xPicLP, booklet, 3 A2-posters and insert)
Ulver - Vargnatt 10" (gatefold, white wax)

Nattens Madrigal has also been released in vinyl, but since the box does have it, I don't care. Ulver/Mysticum split 7" is all I need.

Emperor
Emperial Vinyl Presentation (5xPicLP and booklet)
Wrath of the Tyrant (original HNF with poster, ltd 666)
Reverence 12"

I dunno how I ended up with these, since I never tried to collect Emperor-stuff or anything.

Empyrium
Empyrium: A Wintersunset DLP (gatefold, booklet)
Empyrium: Songs of Moors & Misty Fields (pic-vinyl in normal sleeve)
Empyrium – Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays 2xpic 7" (gatefold, booklet)

Still missing Weiland DLP, 7" and A Wintersunset 2xPicLP (I don't think I even want that one).

Sorry about this offtopic-bullshit...

You've got some very nice stuff there! I've only really recently (last couple of months) become interested in collecting vinyl (only really collectible stuff from my favourite bands). I'm no expert on sound quality or anything, but that aside, I do think a vinyl record in a well made sleeve looks so much nicer than a CD.

I wasn't aware "A Wintersunset" was available as both a pic-DLP and a normal DLP. I should be getting the pic-LP and the "Weiland" DLP pretty soon.

Oh, and by the way, is there any news on a release date for the Tuoni 10"? I'll definately pick that up, since I was really impressed with the demo.

Doom said:
I wasn't aware "A Wintersunset" was available as both a pic-DLP and a normal DLP. I should be getting the pic-LP and the "Weiland" DLP pretty soon.

Oh, and by the way, is there any news on a release date for the Tuoni 10"? I'll definately pick that up, since I was really impressed with the demo.
Yeah, Wintersunset was released originally as normal 2xvinyl and later in 2xpic-vinyl.

Tuoni 10" is about to go at print, only problems are the covers and hopefully they're clear next week. I'll spam this messageboard all over, when I have it in my hands. :loco: Then you can get it from me or the guy releasing it and get Tuoni 10" from me or Tuoni 10" and other great shit from the publisher (and save postage). :D I'll let you know...

Naglfar-Vittra
Therion-Deggial and Secret of the Runes (not that great)
Opeth-Orchid
Schostakovich-Stringquartets (but a guy gave it to me so i guess i didn't 'purchase' it)
Barber-Adagio

In all seriousness, I picked it up because I returned a Testament CD, and I needed to basically trade it for something, and since the new Borknagar wasn't there, I picked AA, mostly for the bonus disc.

Erik said:
Hey Doom, how is Drawn?
I've heard this quite a few times now. It's good stuff. I can kind of see why people make In the Woods... comparisons. It reminds me somewhat of them (and there's some connection with members), but definately not as good. This is a rubbish description, but it kind of sounds like all the In the Woods... albums mixed up together. It probably needs more listens, but I definately like it.

But the pick of that haul was definately Destroyer 666 - Pheonix Rising. Despite the crappy band name, this rules. Mixture of black/thrash/death, nothing terribly original, just very, very good. Some totally infectious riffing. If anyone is interested, download the track "I am the Wargod" :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.