My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I just noticed that actualy. I grabbed that awhile back when The Origins of Misery came out. I think I got that with the ELS album too, that would make sense.

Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer/Of Chaos and Eternal Night
- with "This CD must not be sold outside Russia & CIS states" in small writing along the side of the front cover :err:.

In The Woods... - Epitath 7"
- I'm going after the other two now. I am supposed to have the "White Rabbit" 7" on the way, but I have a worrying feeling it isn't coming...damn gemm.com sellers.

Alabama Thunderpussy - Fulton Hill
Control Denied - The Fragile Art of Existence
Sleep - Dopesmoker
Sunn O))) - White2

Nokturnal Mortum-To the Gates of Blasphemous Fire
Nokturnal Mortum-NeChrist
Nokturnal Mortum-Lunar Poetry
Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra-The Key to the Gates of Apocalypses
Agalloch-The Mantle
Agalloch-The Grey EP
Agalloch/Nest-Split 10" (#716/1000)
The Chasm-Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
The Chasm-Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Vehemence-The Thoughts From Which I Hide

wow, one helluva haul there. I'm assuming you have Goat Horns, yes?

Lunar Poetry and Conjuration rule. You should really like Conjuration a lot. Very melodic, yet brutal, kinda like Arghoslent.

Opeth17 said:
Nokturnal Mortum-To the Gates of Blasphemous Fire
Nokturnal Mortum-NeChrist
Nokturnal Mortum-Lunar Poetry
The Chasm-Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph
The Chasm-Conjuration of the Spectral Empire

Some great stuff there, especially the "Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph".

Yeah I have "Goat Horns." It inspired me to pick up the Nokturnal Mortum and Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra.

Glad to hear The Chasm compared to Arghoslent. I knew they were somewhere in that "brutal death with melody" type category so I went ahead with it. The last three cds came from Deathgasm, they have some pretty good stuff and it's the only place I think I've seen The Chasm available as well as the first Vehemence album.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Watain- Casus Luciferi LP
Ondskapt- Draco Sit Mihi Dux
These came today. Im expecting the Si Monumentum DLP to come in soon.

Also, yesterday I ordered-

Watain "The Ritual Macabre" Tape
Taake "A Night of Fog" CD

Edit-
Almost forgot; From Autopsy Ktchen:

Toxic Holocaust "Evil Never Dies" LP

Opeth17 said:
Yeah I have "Goat Horns." It inspired me to pick up the Nokturnal Mortum and Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra.
That Mistigo album is a hard album to get into, being one 72 minute song, but it's good.

You might also want to pick up NM's The Taste of Victory if you don't have it.

Glad to hear The Chasm compared to Arghoslent. I knew they were somewhere in that "brutal death with melody" type category so I went ahead with it. The last three cds came from Deathgasm, they have some pretty good stuff and it's the only place I think I've seen The Chasm available as well as the first Vehemence album.
Deathgasm is a great store, especially for the harder-to-find stuff.

I will be surprised if you don't like The Chasm. They are a bit more thrashy than Arghoslent or Vehemence, but generally aren't too different. If you like those two, Procession to the Infraworld and Reaching the Veil of Death are musts. Unfortunately, their first two are hard to find unless you've got some serious cash to spend on eBay.

well at least Red Stream still delivers in 3 days time, unlike The End:

Infernum - Taur-Nu-Fuin

This is a band with Darken, Capricornus and some other dude that committed suicide recently. Apparently this one dude betrayed the Polish black metallists by helping the police back in the mid 90's. From the booklet: "On 30 April 2004 Anertiomarus (or something) did the ultimate act of penance: after a decade of persecution and living life a rat, he finally took his own life, thus removing the curse upon INFERNUM."

"INFERNUM were Capricornus, Darken and Anertiomarus (rest in fucking pain!)"

:tickled:

Geez, what a surprise. My Willowtip order shows up in 3 days. Still nothing from The End.

Arsis - A Celebration of Guilt

Ended up at my favorite music store (Amoeba Records - San Francisco) so I broke my spending hiatus:

Future Sound of London - Far-out Son Of Lung & The Ramblings of a Madman
Dan Swanö - Moontower
Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley vinyl :kickass:

Already listened to it twice on the way back, it frickin' rules. It's like Crimson II but the opposite of suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.