My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received Erik's package today. Not only did I get a superb record (Nasheim's "Evighet/Undergång"), but I also got several kickass items, such as a plectrum, some shirt buttons, a rubber string, something that I think is a 32MB stick of RAM, a Northern Silence Productions flyer, and a pencil. Ace! Thanks a lot!

I've just listened to "Evighet/Undergång", and was highly surprised by how good it actually was. The first song sounds like the perfect mix of Falkenbach, "Thousand Swords" era Graveland and "Vikingligr Veldi" era Enslaved. I think what I'm trying to say is that it gives off an incredibly epic and "pagan" feel. The acoustic part in "Allt Svartnar" sort of sounds like Satyricon's "Min Hyllest Til Vinterland" ("Dark Medieval Times"), which is by no means a bad thing. Still, I think you've managed to create your very own distinct sound, so don't get me and my namedropping wrong :p

32 Mb? More like 512 K :lol:

Thanks for the compliments anyway.

Purchases today:
Kreator "Live Kreation" DVD + 2CD package
Judas Priest "Killing Machine" LP

Erik said:
32 Mb? More like 512 K :lol:

They have some ridiculous text like "FUNNY LOVE" on them, I don't remember... I have no idea where they came from, I just found them in my room for no particular reason. Enjoy.

Hehe, the RAM stick looked a lot smaller than the 512 MB and 256 MB sticks I've got, so I thought it maybe was 32 MB.

The buttons actually said "Happy Heart", by the way :D

Haha.

Well it's a 30-pin SIMM, if you have a 286 or something like that you want to expand then it should fit extraordinarily... Notice that I said 512 K, not 512 Mb :p

One Inch Man said:
What the hell is wrong with Monster Magnet?
I used to like them... but now bleh. I still have a SpaceLord single with an exclusive track on it... even if I don't know why...?

@NicodemiX: what store is this? Me needs to know. Do they have any metal CDs?
btw: nice sig. :lol:

Actually, it was just the downtown A&B Sound. It seems to me that older stuff on major labels is often at reduced price (in this case, a 1981 Kraftwerk CD on Elektra).

NicodemiX said:
Actually, it was just the downtown A&B Sound. It seems to me that older stuff on major labels is often at reduced price (in this case, a 1981 Kraftwerk CD on Elektra).
That place is just two streets from where I work. I loves it. They have the best deals on metal CDs... and Coldplay CDs. :p

haha, I'm taking some classes at Grant MacEwan this semester and I can't help but stop in there before I go to school. I get most of my more mainstream music from there.
"MUST RESISSSTTT BUYING MORE CDSSSS NOOOOOOOOOO"

and before I know it I'm sucked in again. :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.