My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayKeeley said:
Beautiful album, if you like the 'softer' side to viking scenery, acoustics, etc. Let me know what you think - I reviewed it a long long time ago, not a great review, but I think it captures the essence of Einherjer taking this approach rather differently to all the other Thyrfing types.
haha, now I know where you got the RC quote. From the song Home on this album:

Cattle die
All Men are Mortal
But word-fame never dies
Nor a noble name
All men are mortal
But one thing never dies
The glory of the great dead

You've probably mentioned it before, but I was listening to the album, and heard this and thought "I've read/heard this somewhere". heh

Purchase, latest:

Ticket for Kreator/Dark Tranquillity in Stockholm some time in March

Got a bunch of CD's today too, including diSEMBOWELMENT, the Winter EP, MDB Trinity and Deströyer 666 Cold stål for a järnålder

Fuck, I'm tired.

Waiting to arrive:
Mortiis - Stjernefødt 12"(black vinyl)
Mortiis - I Mørket Drømmende 12" (clear vinyl)

Also few Armagedda LP's and Horna - Vuohipaimen 7"

Oh, and I also got new home-theater-system today. The bastard cost almost 1000€, but who cares. Hadn't enought strenght to fix it up yet.

Erik said:
Purchase, latest:

Ticket for Kreator/Dark Tranquillity in Stockholm some time in March

Got a bunch of CD's today too, including diSEMBOWELMENT, the Winter EP, MDB Trinity and Deströyer 666 Cold stål for a järnålder

Fuck, I'm tired.
You actually pay to see DT? I'm gonna be backstage talking to MILLE and DT :).

On a different note, the vinyls i got today were in bad condition. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Geasa - Murder (4-song promo)

I got this free from the band simply by asking for it. It's nothin fancy; just a CD-r with a cheap inlay and a sheet of paper with the band's biography.

First order in absolute ages....

BROCAS HELM - Defender of the Crown
MANILLA ROAD - Mark of the Beast

Got this through that dude J mentioned, "Rewina Distro".

BURZUM - Filosofem (Digi)
BURZUM - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (Digi)
EMPYRIUM - Songs Of Moors & Misty Fields
EMPYRIUM - A Wintersunset...
WINDIR - 1184
EMPYRIUM - Weiland
WONGRAVEN - Fjelltronen (Re-issue)
MAR DE GRISES - The Tatterdemalion Express
TYRANNY - Bleak Vistae
PAATOS - Kallocain
WINTERSUN - Wintersun
SHAPE OF DESPAIR - Illusion's Play

Thanatopsis123 said:
BURZUM - Filosofem (Digi)
BURZUM - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss (Digi)
EMPYRIUM - Songs Of Moors & Misty Fields
EMPYRIUM - A Wintersunset...
WINDIR - 1184
EMPYRIUM - Weiland
WONGRAVEN - Fjelltronen (Re-issue)
MAR DE GRISES - The Tatterdemalion Express
TYRANNY - Bleak Vistae
PAATOS - Kallocain
WINTERSUN - Wintersun
SHAPE OF DESPAIR - Illusion's Play
Dude, you're last 2 hauls have been SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeT! That Tyranny album is awesome. A band that people here into Funeral Doom should check out.

Yeah, I hadn't ever heard of Tyranny until they happened to pop up during a search at The End Records. I think they came up when I did a search for Skepticism and/or Shape of Despair so I had to check them out.

It's only like three songs but a good length for an EP.

Ya, it's still a full-length time-wise. That new SoD is meh. The beginning to song #2 I think it is is alright but the rest is pretty boring and over-polished imho.

With all those new purchases and the quality therein, you might as well lay off buying ANYTHING else for the next year because you have some classics in that mob to absorb. :kickass:

Do you already have Empyrium - Where at Night the Wood Grouse Plays? You're going to really need that one soon, if you don't already. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.