My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I never went blind, but I've had the strangest urge to shave my legs for the past 3 hours. I dunno.

Marksveld said:
I have a bid on "For All Tid" on Orange Vinyl.

... fuck you, that album rocks. I like to pretend Dimmu Borgir broke up after Stromblast and never had a change to suck and start pressing Wristwatches and boxershorts.

I openly admit that I like Dimmu Borgir, even their later works. For some strange reason, I LOVE "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia", and I also think that "Death Cult Armageddon" is very decent. Used to dislike them at first, but gave them more listens, and was very impressed.

PEM was my gateway to extreme metal , I used to worship it , until one day , I put it and got bored during the entire listen , never listened to it again , sold it . PEM isn't bad in terms of musicanship but has no REAL substance.

Henrik Main said:
I openly admit that I like Dimmu Borgir, even their later works. For some strange reason, I LOVE "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia", and I also think that "Death Cult Armageddon" is very decent. Used to dislike them at first, but gave them more listens, and was very impressed.

Glad to hear it... personally DCA and PEM aren't my style. I haven't heard Spiritual Black Dimensions but I do not hear good things. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant had some pretty good stuff on it- but Stomblast and For all Tid just fucking destroy.

ReDilS.kCalB said:
PEM isn't bad in terms of musicanship but has no REAL substance.

right on!

I've never understood what all the praise for For all tid and Stormblåst is based upon. Their later material is not very good but a lot more interesting than those two :p

Got the Lux Occulta CD today Doomcifier, thanks.

"Stormblåst" is a total winner, but "For All Tid" is indeed pretty boring, except "Raabjørn Speiler Draugheimens Skodde," a supreme fucking song

For All Tid is OK, Inn i Evighetens Morke is very good

Today's winnings:
Iron Maiden - Live After Death 2LP
Arckanum - The 11 Year Anniversary Album CD

plus I realized I got:
Lutomysl - I'mquintess/cence CD and
Striborg - Mysterious Semblance tape this weekend, yay!

ReDilS.kCalB said:
(....) but has no REAL substance.

I disagree. I thought the album sounded dull, lifeless and way too polished during the first couple of listens. However, after a couple of more spins, it really "clicked". Everytime I listen to it, I feel like I'm in a weird, psycothic circus, a morbid freakshow, if you like. In my opinion, PEM has a "concept album" feel to it, with a natural and good flow throughout the whole record. Superb stuff, if you ask me.

Edit: When it comes to For All Tid, I do feel that it is a bit overrated, but not VERY. Songs such as "Raabjørn..", "Under Bleknede Blaaner Til Dommedag", "Glittertind" and "Stien" are pure gold.

I like several songs from Enthrone Darkness Triumphant A LOT, couldn't stand Puritanical Eurphoric Misogynistic Embalming, and heard a few off of Here's a Picture of a Clutch (I don't remember the name even though it's probably two posts up from here) that were pretty lame. That's my Dimmu story, I have little interest in checking out any of their other works.

October Falls - Tuoni (actually a Jul gift between AWR "CEO"s)
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet
Skepticism - Farmakon t-shirt
Dimmu Borgir - For all Tid LP

Status
Not open for further replies.