My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal. I will look extremely excited provided it shows up in complete condition without consequence. Oh, it'll be a perfect time to drink beer out of my Ceremonial Goblet, featuring Albrecht Dürer artwork. I only use that for special occasions.

Acid King - Busse Woods
John Christ - Flesh Caffeine (!!!)

I love finding ex-Danzig member solo albums that are impossible to find for way cheap!

IMG_0054.jpg

Logitech FX 700 cordless keyboard and cordless optical mouse

Behemoth - Demigod (w/slipcase)
Gehenna - Seen Through The Veil Of Darkness (The Second Spell)
Kid Dynamite - Cheap Shots, Youth Anthems (w/bonus DVD)
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes - Ruin Jonny's Bar Mitzvah
Randy - The Rest Is Silence

@Crimson Velvet: I ended up with spending most of the money I brought with me in Sound Of Noise and Tiger instead, so no Neseblod for me (pity its location sucks, I would've visited Neseblod if it had been located more centrally, plus time was scarce) :\

^^^
Yeah, that's pretty much the reason why I don't visit it more often also. They have a metal selection at Tiger? I've never bothered to actually enter that shop, as Sound of Noise is only ten feet away...

Yeah, they did have some metal at Tiger, both CD and vinyl. I almost feel guilty for not having the time to go to Neseblod, I really respect individuals such as those behind that shop, as it's got a strict "underground record collector" attitude, which is very good in my book. The metal selection in Sound Of Noise was pretty standard actually, I'd hoped for more obscure stuff seeing as I've moved a bit away from ONLY listening to Old Man's Child, Morbid Angel, Emperor, Satyricon etc :\

They normally have some rare stuff at Sound of Noise, but it always sells out rather quickly. The trick is to know when the next shipment comes in. ;) But as far as extreme metal goes, then yeah, it's not too great. Their heavy/power metal seletion is quite good, though... Too bad I don't listen to that...

Crimson Velvet said:
Their heavy/power metal seletion is quite good, though... Too bad I don't listen to that...

Heh, that's what I thought too :tickled:

They could do with a better death metal selection, as that's my favourite genre, but they did have quite a lot of black metal when thinking of it. Decent store by Norwegian standards.

They have their own demo section, as well. It's mostly heavy metal, I think, but sometimes I see some corpse paint, and I might buy it. Who knows, maybe it turns out to be really, really great! That has never been the case, though... :(

Crimson Velvet said:
They have their own demo section, as well. It's mostly heavy metal, I think, but sometimes I see some corpse paint, and I might buy it. Who knows, maybe it turns out to be really, really great! That has never been the case, though... :(

I quickly browsed that demo section, but didn't find anything that looked very interesting either. That guy behind the counter (Rune) looked familiar, is he in a band?

Whole bunch of crap showed up today, including:

Agalloch / Nest 10" vinyl. Wrapped in packing material, a small box, lots of packing peanuts, and a secondary larger outer box to ensure flawless delivery. Mission Accomplished.

Ulver - The Trilogie. Packed in a thin, form fitting carboard box, leaving approx. 1/4" clearance between the 3 expensive vinyls and some dumbass's foot. :mad: :mad: :mad: Thankfully everything arrived in near perfect condition, but still.

PS: Century Media are dumbasses, they misspelled Kveldssanger two different ways, on the tracklist sheet it says Kveldfanger and on the poster in says Kveldsfanger. But it's okay because the set is quite marvelous. Whee.

I know. I'm going to take pictures using my SLR camera, my crappy workcameraphone will not do it justice. At all. The vinyls are simply stunning. The posters are in black & white which is sorta disappointing, but they are in perfect shape with no thumbtack holes or anything. The vinyls though... wow. I mean picture discs are fucking cool as it is, but these are just plain vibrant.

Note that I still have undeveloped film from my NYC vacation 3 months ago, so it might be awhile before they surface. :loco:

Joyous day:

Sadorass - Strength And Wisdom
Saltus - Slavonic Pride
Sieg/Temnojar - Der Weg Zum Polarstern

Graveland - Dawn of Iron Blades

I'm as giddy as a pedophile stuck in a room with a 5 year old that has a nice ass.

Just Orderd from the end

AGALLOCH - Pale Folklore
FRANTIC BLEEP - The Sense Apparatus (plus LTD poster)
NOVEMBERS DOOM - To Welcome The Fade (w/ Bonus CD)

Woo, I just got home to Umeå and it's like second christ-mass here, this waited for me:

Slayer "Still Reigning" DVD + rubber band + 2 Peavey picks (0.88, suits me just fine) + IMPORTANT INFORMATION (thanks Nic)
Krux "Live" DVD
Domgård "Blodskald" CD-R
Domgård "Blodskald" TS
Katatonia "Sounds of Decay" TS
Dimmu Borgir "Stormblåst" CD (thanks J)
Also Nic's other package but I have to go pick it up at the post

Additionally I bought the following yesterday:
Dark Angel "Leave Scars" LP (couldn't leave it :<)
Overkill "Wrecking Everything Live" CD

Frantic Bleep - The Sense Appartus
Lunar Aurora - Zyklus
Botch - We Are the Romans
Buried Inside - Chronoclast
Pelican - S/T

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.