My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik said:
any band that looks like this can't be bad:

17585photo8ix.jpg
That sounds really funny coming from you, those dudes are like mallcore incarnate.

I have no idea what their music is like, but they look like they belong in Earth Crisis. Just sayin, maybe Erik was making the joke and I wasn't clever enough to catch up. On.

Showed up today:

Ocotober Falls - Tuoni 10"
Taake - box

Cheers for the gorgeous Taake picture vinyls, jeers for the cheap box it came in (though it does look very metal).

One Inch Man said:
I have no idea what their music is like, but they look like they belong in Earth Crisis. Just sayin, maybe Erik was making the joke and I wasn't clever enough to catch up. On.
What fotmbm said. Either neo-Nazis look COMPLETELY DIFFERENT in the USA and you just don't know that that is absolutely the stereotypical European Nazi look from top to toe, or you're just generally dumb. :loco:

Hardcore/straight edge/left wing oi (oi is a punk genre) bands and right wing skinhead bands often dress up in the same style of clothing. The skinhead movement actually used to be an anti racist left wing movement, but then a bunch of Neo Nazis thought "Hey, anti racists and oi-punkers dress kinda cool, let's adopt their style", and so the term "skinhead" became associated with nazis only. There are still left wing, anti racist skinheads, though. You can easily tell the difference between left wing skinheads and right wing skinheads by looking at their boot laces - white laces indicate that it's a RWS, red laces indicate that it's a RWS who's killed/injured another person (usually foreigners or an LWS), black/blue/other indicate that it's an LWS. (This is the idea, at least - I guess there are some who don't give a shit about the colour of their laces).

Guttersnipe, LEFT WING, ANTI RACIST OI PUNK:

39.jpg

Gundog, left wing etc:

41.jpg

Agnostic Front, left wing, anti racist:

roger%20stance.jpg

Left wing skinheads:

medium

Compare these to the picture that allegedly SCREAMS neo-nazi....

Only nazis have that specific kind of bomber jacket, I think they're made by Nazi Gear Incorporated or something. If you walk around looking like Svarga in Sweden then anyone even slightly brown-faced will either kick your ass or expect an ass-kicking.

But it isn't exactly strange that NAD thought that the pic you posted looked like a pic of a hardcore punk/related act, considering the two groups dress almost identically. And yes, left wing skinheads also use bomber jackets, obviously not from Nazi Gear Inc., but it's quite hard to tell the difference between usual bomber jackets and Nazi bomber jackets unless there is some sort of logo on the jacket.

http://asap.azone.org/index.php?content=articles&article=redskins said:
Finally, at an aesthetic level, the redskins cultivated a mix of
elements taken from skins (bomber jackets, Doc Martens boots), the
psychobillies (flat top haircuts, red handkerchiefs), and the early
B-Boys (baggy pants, baseball caps, etc). Added to this were Native
American symbols (belt bags, "Washington Redskins" t-shirts, etc)
and of proletarian folklore (trucker shirts, jumpsuits). Some
followed the style of wearing the bomber jackets inside out with the
orange side on the outside, which originated in the English
redskins, but not all followed this trend (perhaps it was too
flashy? too disco?). It is, for as much, the point of departure for
an open cultural movement, that does not seek to differentiate
itself from the rest of the underground scene of the era, but
expresses a visceral and energetic anti-fascism, in the streets and
in the concerts.

wow today i bought the new bloodbath finally, new behemoth, ambeon single and ayreon.

and then at work, I got some cds 25 percent off, including malevolent creation, dri, and nin. hmmm...

evil c.

Status
Not open for further replies.