My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayKeeley said:
That is a beautiful album by the way Ayeka - I think it's their best one. We'll get a review of Gutter Ballet up on the site this weekend. ;)

Sweet-ass! Savatage fucking rock! :D

Right, now I've gone and got:

Bal Sagoth - Battle Magic (listening to this now...very strange!)
Bolt Thrower - Realm Of Chaos
Girlschool - Demolition

The new Moonsorrow is astounding by the way.

Even better than their last effort - just sounds so mature and well orchestrated, and the 'traditional' instrumentation really transports you back in time.

JayKeeley said:
The new Moonsorrow is astounding by the way.

Even better than their last effort - just sounds so mature and well orchestrated, and the 'traditional' instrumentation really transports you back in time.
Well, I downloaded a sample MP3 off the new one yesterday, and I -- owning only "Suden Uni" and the "Metsä" demo tape -- must say I was surprised how similar to "Suden Uni" it was. For some reason I thought that Moonsorrow had totally changed with the last two albums, but it seems it's still pretty much the same... Sounds good though. Will maybe get. Later.

phyre said:
Well, I downloaded a sample MP3 off the new one yesterday, and I -- owning only "Suden Uni" and the "Metsä" demo tape -- must say I was surprised how similar to "Suden Uni" it was. For some reason I thought that Moonsorrow had totally changed with the last two albums, but it seems it's still pretty much the same... Sounds good though. Will maybe get. Later.

I'll do a review Erik - although, I don't own Suden Uni or the demo - just Voimasta, so my comparisons may be vague. However, I'll be subjective about the album at hand, and you can make up your own mind as to how I've interpreted it. The fact that I like it might add credence - if I didn't like it, I wouldn't touch it.

Having said that, I've still got to do my Suidakra review so I can finish my top ten list.

Ali, you're gonna review Moonsorrow, eh? Cool. Even though everyone KNOWS how much I love viking metal... ;)

Anyway, I got these on Monday:
Moonsorrow - Kiventkantaja
Rage - Trapped (thanks Dark One!)
Secret Sphere - Mistress Of The Shadowlight
Evergrey - Recreation Day (limited ed. digibook)

JayKeeley said:
Hey - go right ahead. Do you actually sleep these days? :lol:

Sleep? Why no, just the other day I was...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;)

Ulver - Teachings in Silence (awesome as is everything they do)
Bloodbath - Breeding Death (awesome stuff, "traditional" death metal like they set out to accomlish)

I need the new King Crimson!!! I'm going to see them next weekend so I should at least TRY to purchase their latest offering!!!

Well, I just ordered:

Negura Bunget "Maiastru Sfetnic" (completes my NB collection)
Neptune Towers "Caravans To Empire Algol" (Fenriz' "space synth" side project... Should be interesting at the very least)
Rapture "Futile"
Sólstafir "Til Valhallr"

Oh, and I got a Behringer V-Amp 2 guitar amp simulator/effects thingie for home-recording. It's rather excellent, 'tis just a pity that my soundcard is a piece of totally cheap junk.

NAD said:
Ulver - Teachings in Silence (awesome as is everything they do)
Bloodbath - Breeding Death (awesome stuff, "traditional" death metal like they set out to accomlish)

I need the new King Crimson!!! I'm going to see them next weekend so I should at least TRY to purchase their latest offering!!!

Yes you do, The Power To Believe is a stunning album, contains some of their best instrumental work in years...and where did you get that Ulver release, which is the two Silence eps on one album...

Just ordered:

Ulver - Metamorphosis EP
King Crimson - The Power to Believe :D
Bach - Brandenburg Concertos

My latest hauls:

GRAVE - Souless/Hating Life Double cd reissue
KATAKLYSM - Sorcery/The Mystical Gate Double cd
REDEMPTION - S/T
MOONSORROW - Voimasta Ja Ki Aniasta
DARKANE - Insanity
CARPATHIAN FOREST - Defending The Throne Of Evil
DEW SCENTED - Ill Natured