My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Winter Day said:
"The March and the Stream" is one of the most dead songs I've ever heard... is this any indication of what Thergothon sound like?
I'm not sure what you mean by "dead" but Thergothon is much less emotional than Skepticism. Thergothon sounds very obscure, ancient, dead... Just BUY THERGOTHON

Ayeka said:
What kind of condition is it in? Maiden vinyls are fairly common round here but getting a good quality sleeve can be somewhat hit and miss...

Very good actually. The sleeve is more or less undamaged and the LP doesn't have any scratches...

yeah, it hard to actually enjoy Thergothon. Not because they are bad (far from it actually), but because the music is so damn crushing and hope-killing. Seriously, I would never let anyone with emotional problems listen to Thergothon. It could quite possibly push them over the edge.

Just like I would never let anyone on drugs listen to Esoteric, lest they go into a coma from hallucinations and delerium.

Shakermaker said:
Very good actually. The sleeve is more or less undamaged and the LP doesn't have any scratches...
Nicely done :)

Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden and, errr...another one that I can't remember :erk:

Black Winter Day said:
what i meant by M&tS sounding dead was... like a frail corpse scraping its fingertips against a coffin lid

i must have this thergothon

where should i order it from in the states?
I traded for mine. I haven't seen it available anywhere in te states except the occasional eBay auction.

Isis - Oceanic : I can't remember anything by now but a promising album to discover listen after listen , at least I hope
Isis - Celestial : Dunno , good album , seems less original than Oceanic , we'll see ..
Burst - Prey On Life : Fucking rules , too bad I'm only discovering it right now . Would have been on my 2003 top list for sure

Nice to see that Deliverance digipack available but I would have no idea how to go about ordering it from that site as I can't read anything on there. :tickled: The Deliverance one is the one I'd really like to get my hands on.

On-topic

My latest purchases were the Blackwater Park 2cd set, Type O Negative's October rust and some Opeth shirts.

ReDilS.kCalB said:
Isis - Oceanic : I can't remember anything by now but a promising album to discover listen after listen , at least I hope
Isis - Celestial : Dunno , good album , seems less original than Oceanic , we'll see ..
Burst - Prey On Life : Fucking rules , too bad I'm only discovering it right now . Would have been on my 2003 top list for sure
Helluva load there!

Don't you agree that more metalheads need to check out Burst?

Opeth17 said:
Type O Negative's October rust
Awesome, enjoy this.

I finally listened to my Burst promo a few times this week, it's okay but nothing really special. Only listened to it at work so I didn't get to pay full attention to it yet though. Maybe I'll get to it tonight, if I can remember where I put it. :D

Pig Destroyer has a self-titled release? THe only ones I'm familiar with are Prowler in the Yard, Explosions in Ward 6, 38 Counts of Battery, and Painter of Dead Girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.