My Latest Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
woohoo.gif

HarmonyDies.... said:
Just so you know those games aren't very good. Best PS shooter game is Metal Gear Solid. It's so good I bought the action figures.
I used to own Phantom Menace and loved it, and for only $8 I thought what the hell. Sure, it has bad graphics, but I'm a sucker for using the light saber. Plus, on Tattooine, it's fun to go around murdering everyone.

Just getting started playing FotR. Graphics are good. Haven't gotten far though. I was gonna get RotK, but I wanted to start at the beginning.

I didn't like Metal Gear SOlid too much. I don't like stealth games. Plus, it's too damn short, and it's hard to aim at your target.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Im really getting into the two mindrot albums i have (ones only an EP but still). Im thinking about picking up the other full CD "Soul".
Everyone should check out Mindrot. All three releases are fantastic. Soul is actually considered to be the band's masterpiece, so yes, definitely get it. I myself prefer Dawning, but I can't really give a good reason why. But I think it has something to do with that utterly beautiful intro (song #1).

JayKeeley said:
Dream - I know you like hunting down rare CDs etc, but exactly how many hours do you really invest into this? It's like you know every little CD hole-in-the-wall store in the world. Including Wales and Switzerland!
What can I say, my job is fairly easy (at times) and I usually have some spare time at work. Plus, I eat my lunch in my office (because I'm so social) so it gives me time to search for stuff online.

I've come to find out that no matter how rare something is, there is always someone online willing to part with it. The key is to find that person whether it be on trading boards, forums, or little bitty distros.

Usually I go the band in question's website, and go to the links because they will list the distros that are selling their CDs.

And yes, I get my rocks off by hunting and finding rare CDs.

JayKeeley said:
Yes please, very much. I'll obviously review it too. Just let me know what you need from my end.
It's just in the cardboard sleeve. I should have reviewed it, but I can't review everything I get. I typically skip over anything that I don't want to listen to several times. Hammers is actually quite good, though.

I'll send it to you, if you would either review the Swans stuff I sent you or let me know what you though about it. Other than that, I'm sure I might want something from you in the future. No money needed on my end.

npearce said:
I'll send it to you, if you would either review the Swans stuff I sent you or let me know what you though about it. Other than that, I'm sure I might want something from you in the future. No money needed on my end.
Yep - review those 2 Swans CDs I will. I'm actually pulling out a small stack of CD's that I'd like to write about, and those are included.

npearce said:
I should have reviewed it, but I can't review everything I get. I typically skip over anything that I don't want to listen to several times.
I must admit, I enjoy writing the sporadic terrible review. I try not to completely rip on a band unless absolutely necessary, but there's just something therapeutic about giving a really low score every so often. :Smokedev:

(note: I'm really glad that 75% of my promos are average to good. :loco: )

Evergrey - Recreation Day LTD Digibook
Mnemic - Mechanical Spin Phenomena

Virgin Megastore actually has a decent selection of CDs...

Dreamlord said:
anyone have a challenge for me? :D

negura bunget - maiastru sfetnic ples. i'll be most impressed if you find it, i've searched A LOT for it. the only webshop that had it closed down for re-design some months ago before i could order it... dunno if they'll open again

Status
Not open for further replies.