MY latest take at pop/punk if you want to check out.. 100% natural snare!

DeclanWhite

Oct 9, 2009
Australia
100% natural drums apart from kick with slate kick 5.
guitars are tse x30 with ryans spreshigh impulse
bass is my schecter hellraiser guitar with bridge pickup coil tapped through ts7 and into reaper with about 15 different plugins haha.

im really proud of the snare sound on this. one sm57 on the top and thats all apart from some eq and compression.
it's a 13x6.5" Pearl reference snare. i love it!

this is just a rough demo for when i go to a studio soon (for free) to record it a lot better. sorry that i cant sing and my voice is unattractive haha.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6242525/god your hot.mp3

Yea some of the vocals seem out of tune and they step on one another. I would play with some eq on those parts maybe.

That snare sounds dope as fuck!! Great job there as i thought it was Joey snare sample at first listen. Guess i over looked the 100% natural snare in the title. o_O

Yea some of the vocals seem out of tune and they step on one another. I would play with some eq on those parts maybe.

That snare sounds dope as fuck!! Great job there as i thought it was Joey snare sample at first listen. Guess i over looked the 100% natural snare in the title. o_O

vocals are super rough . im choosing not to bother haha

thanks. i love this snare! i think the single overhead i used added what the sm57 on the top was missing from the snare sound.

i used a really old evans g2 CLEAR head on the batter side and i think evans 300 hazy thats also really old haha

snare wires are puresound 30 blasters with like 3 wires missing.

i need new heads..

oh, and random medium tension. i tune till my snares to sound good, not so its 'in tune' with itself. also had a bit of double sided hi-bond tape on the edge

sounds realy cool and great , the drums sound great ! love the snare , any more info on this ? :D

tho didnt like the bass .. a cheap bass can make great results !

the cymbals ARE mono haha, i only own one microphone, and am borrowing an sm57.

i'm getting an essex bass soon which should improve my bass tone greatly.

i'll work on my guitar tone now.